This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

DLL Question

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
G
GeoMan59
Voice

DLL Question

Post by GeoMan59 »

It doesn't start off a dll question but i'll end like one... so here i go

I wanted to add some udp functions to my eggdrop bot, but i am having trouble. Obviously there isn't and udp functions in the core code as one would find out doing some searching around. But i did find libraries for tcl that would give u udp commands. Like scotty tcp udp and tcl udp. I had decided to try tcl udp as it seemed simple enough. I soon relized that it was for the 7.4+ versions of tcl.

So here is my question:
Should this work with the tcl 8.3 or what ever came with the bot?
If not could i drop a 7.5 tcl library in the eggdrop dir hopeing that it would use that? Could i somehow force it to use that?
Is there a cross platform library for 8.x that i could use?

I had tried to use the load command on the dll and it said it couldn't find the library or a dependent library. I ran a dependences check on the library to find it had none... So whats going on here?
*Note* This is being tested on a windrop, but is gonna be ported to a eggdrop.
G
GeoMan59
Voice

Post by GeoMan59 »

Has Anyone been able to add udp to the eggdrop? If someone would tell me what they used for that even, it'd help.

Any ideas for adding udp to eggdrop basically would help, tho i was hoping to resolve this dll prob i got now.