This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

timer

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
C
Carnage69
Halfop

timer

Post by Carnage69 »

bind time - "00 * * * *" my:msg
bind time - "10 * * * *" my:msg
bind time - "20 * * * *" my:msg
bind time - "30 * * * *" my:msg
bind time - "40 * * * *" my:msg
bind time - "50 * * * *" my:msg

proc my:msg {min hour day month year} {
putserv "PRIVMSG #channal :\00300,01Need a low cost game server host well you can get a low price low ping server for a low monthly cost check out our prices http://www.thextremehost.com/pricing.htm Contact txhsupport on aim or email techsupport@thextremehost.com Channel #thextremehost if you are intrested in buying a server!"
}
stdragon
Owner

Post by stdragon »

Are you asking for help, or is this a thinly veiled attempt at spamming the forum?
e
egghead
Master

Post by egghead »

maybe he Carnage69 wants us to spell check the (spam) message :)
G
GeoMan59
Voice

Post by GeoMan59 »

I believe he wants to know how to make a scrim that would send that message every 10 mins. If so that would be easy enough, but with out my trusty tcl reference i would be able to rember if this is correct:
proc my:msg {} {
putserv "PRIVMSG #channal :\00300,01Need a low cost game server host well you can get a low price low ping server for a low monthly cost check out our prices http://www.thextremehost.com/pricing.htm Contact txhsupport on aim or email techsupport@thextremehost.com Channel #thextremehost if you are intrested in buying a server!"
timer 10 0 { my:msg }
}
Now thats basic and the syntax of my timer command would have to be checked like i said. Also that doesn't allow u to cancle out of the loop and it would have to be started in some way. I'm a bit curious to as why u pass all those parameters if they aren't used?

[edit]My bad, didn't relize u could bind a time, but that should work just the same.
One thing that i did notice is that u spelt channel wrong ;) but the script u have there seems pretty tight[/edit]
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Instead of:

Code: Select all

bind time - "00 * * * *" my:msg 
bind time - "10 * * * *" my:msg 
bind time - "20 * * * *" my:msg 
bind time - "30 * * * *" my:msg 
bind time - "40 * * * *" my:msg 
bind time - "50 * * * *" my:msg 
use:

Code: Select all

bind time - "?0 * * * *" my:msg 
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.