This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Modules not loaded upon start

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
g
gwion

Modules not loaded upon start

Post by gwion »

i installed and confugured eggdrop 1.6.15 according to the documentation but it is giving me troubles. when i start eggdrop this is what i get:

Code: Select all

gwion@swi:~/bot > ./eggdrop -m hydrophid.conf

Eggdrop v1.6.15 (C) 1997 Robey Pointer (C) 2003 Eggheads
[19:23] --- Loading eggdrop v1.6.15 (Tue Jul 15 2003)
[19:23] Listening at telnet port 3333 (all)
[19:23] Listening at telnet port 3333 (all)
[19:23] Can't load modules dns: /home/gwion/bot/modules/dns.so: undefined symbol: __dn_comp
[19:23] Can't load modules channels: /home/gwion/bot/modules/channels.so: undefined symbol: __expm1
[19:23] Can't load modules server: /home/gwion/bot/modules/server.so: undefined symbol: __expm1
[19:23] Can't load modules ctcp: /home/gwion/bot/modules/ctcp.so: undefined symbol: ctcp_start
[19:23] Can't load modules irc: /home/gwion/bot/modules/irc.so: undefined symbol: __expm1
[19:23] Can't load modules console: /home/gwion/bot/modules/console.so: undefined symbol: __expm1
[19:23] Can't load modules blowfish: /home/gwion/bot/modules/blowfish.so: undefined symbol: __expm1
[19:23] Userinfo TCL v1.07 loaded (URL BF GF IRL EMAIL DOB PHONE ICQ).
[19:23] use '.help userinfo' for commands.

STARTING BOT IN USERFILE CREATION MODE.
Telnet to the bot and enter 'NEW' as your nickname.
This will make the bot recognize you as the master.

You have installed modules but have not selected an encryption
module, please consult the default config file for info.
has anyone some idea what to do? i expect it might be a very simple thing but as this is my very first experience with a bot i start to be really confused...

many thanks in advance for your help,

gwion
d
darko``
Op

Post by darko`` »

Are you sure you followed the install procedure correctly? Saying that this is your first contact with the bot, makes me wander about the name of the destination directory you are using. Did you actually do:

make install DEST=/home/gwion/bot
Ignorant and lazy people will save 30 minutes by chosing simple config file. Smart ones will save 3000 minutes of *everyone's* time by opting for complete config file.