This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Competition

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
]Kami[
Owner

Post by ]Kami[ »

Ok.. here they are ....

1.)To coperate you must send script unitl 1 December
2.)One user can send just one script, if user will sned more than one script, will will use first script he will send it to us
3.)Script mus not be copy of other script
4.)You can help yourself little with other scripts (some bind or something)
5.)Script must be interesting :) we will judge surce code, how is script interesting, usefull and if is working good in eggdrop version 1.6.13 and 1.6.15
6.)We will judge surce code, how is script interesting, usefull and if is working good in eggdrop version 1.6.13 and 1.6.15
7.)If you want to coperate sned us script on eggdrop2@volja.net
8.)With script you must send us your email name and surname (if you want, if you will win we will contact you by email) and shorts description of script
9.)Good is if you will send us in .zip or .rar format

I hope i didnt do much mistakes in text :oops:

Greetings
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Well, some of the *rules* are actualy parts of an AUP (or something). I see that you have set the limit of the contest, but the way the scripts will be classified and get *notes* is a bit silly and wrong. A script that makes the eggdrop respond to a certain msg can't be in the same place as the one that makes it interact by itself (sort of an AI). This is just an example not an type of choosing the *good/best* one. Also, as far as I know the .15 is a bit buggy, a .16 and a 1.7.* versions are under huge work. Anyway, good luck to the persons that will participate in this contest! :)
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
]Kami[
Owner

Post by ]Kami[ »

BTW what is AUP ?

Gree....
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

AUP = Acceptable use policy.
]Kami[
Owner

Post by ]Kami[ »

caesar wrote:Well, some of the *rules* are actualy parts of an AUP (or something). I see that you have set the limit of the contest, but the way the scripts will be classified and get *notes* is a bit silly and wrong. A script that makes the eggdrop respond to a certain msg can't be in the same place as the one that makes it interact by itself (sort of an AI). This is just an example not an type of choosing the *good/best* one. Also, as far as I know the .15 is a bit buggy, a .16 and a 1.7.* versions are under huge work. Anyway, good luck to the persons that will participate in this contest! :)
We are not choosing the best one we are choosing most usefull one (if will will be choosing the best one anybody have different opinion)

Greet.....
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Usefull for whom? If is for users then I fail to see how you will know wich is the best one for what they need. A simple solution is - to make what slennox did for the TCL Archive page - a download counter or something, a user votes even. Something like this anyway.