This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

mIRC & more than a single space...

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
F
Fluxism
Halfop

mIRC & more than a single space...

Post by Fluxism »

Lo all,

I recently had to downgrade from using my linux comp to the windows one (hardware troubles). Up until now I have been using XChat to dcc my bots. But now as I am using mIRC, I am finding it a nightmare to do anything in DCC as mIRC wont display more than a single space.

For example typing .match * 123 Will scroll all my users past, but it's unreadable as it is all blocked together, it does display correctly, so I'm not on about the 'process ANSI code issue', it's mIRC and its crappy single space maximum.

I'm sure millions must have come up against the same problem, searching the forums hasn't led me to an answer, so I here I am ;)

Is there a way to get round this while I fix the nix comp?

Thanks. :D
gumbydammit
Master

Post by gumbydammit »

umm xchat also has a windows version... you just wont be able to run perl scripts unless you also install active perl ( easy enough as well ) .. perhaps if you are used to xchat.. stick with what makes ya happy :P
a.k.a. hellios
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Don't use a script in mirc that makes the output fancy.

Simply customise the colours displayed on your screen.

mIRC tokenizes everything, so that it's $1, $2, $1- identifyers containt only a single space.

I do beleive they may be trying to combat this soon, with a new set of functions (don't know if it is true) just to handle text like this.

Until then, provided you do not use any script to format the incoming text, it will display the spaces normaly,.
F
Fluxism
Halfop

Post by Fluxism »

It displays single spaces fine, but it is a problem when the bot outputs text with many spaces next to one another. For example the 'eggdrop' logo bot owners see when they first dcc their bot is a mess under mIRC as its 'deleted' the multiple spaces, but under nix, it looks how the author intended. Or like with .help all Under nix formatting it displays nicely with big gaps between the commands, something like;

COMMAND space,space,space,space,space,space, COMMAND etc

But with mIRC its COMMAND space COMMAND.

Creating a txt document under nix, then opening it under Windoze will display it as a single solid line rather than paragraphs, line breaks etc.

I'm guessing maybe some users of mIRC and eggs thought the output of their bot on the partyline was meant to look the (screwed up) Way it does, but it shouldn't...
strikelight
Owner

Post by strikelight »

I get multiple successive spaces displayed fine in mIRC dcc sessions(using version 5.91 at the moment) ..

Only thing I can think of for you to try, is to make sure you are using
a fixed-width font... ie. Courier New ..
F
Fluxism
Halfop

Post by Fluxism »

Just tried courier new font, and its basically the same. I'll install a copy of 5.91 and see if that helps.

I think it's just a uncorrectable (atm) mIRC thing... ?!?
A
Abom

Post by Abom »

why not use the XChat win32 port? It's the same thing, and should work.
F
Fluxism
Halfop

Post by Fluxism »

Doh!

:D :D
gumbydammit
Master

Post by gumbydammit »

coulda sworn i said that way up there lol
a.k.a. hellios
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

I have allready released the nature of the issue, and it has nothing to do with *nix and windows differances.

mIRC handles space 100% fine, even your copy will.

You need to disable any script that are designed to format the output.

It's a known limitation, and the mIRC forums will only tell you the same thing.