This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Possible bug in 1.6.15 server mod

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
P
Photon
Op

Possible bug in 1.6.15 server mod

Post by Photon »

I think I have found another eggdrop bug in 1.6.15...

It has to do with the H_notc bind used in a module. The H_notc table is passed with a checking function that checks for 6 arguments, even though only 5 are passed, thus whatever number of arguments I use, either

static int QAUTH_HandleNotices(char * pNick, char * pHost, char * pHand, char * pDest, char * pKey, char * pText)

Or

static int QAUTH_HandleNotices(char * pNick, char * pHost, char * pHand, char * pDest, char * pText)

I get the following response :

Tcl error [*notc:PM_HQandleNotice]: wrong # args: should be "*notc:PM_HQandleNotice nick user@host handle desto/chan keyword/nick text"

Curiously enough, it seems to work in tcl - the function :

proc q:handlenotes {nick idx handle args dest} {
}

Works just fine. Can you advise me on the fix for this? Should I change it so that the server module now has this?

H_notc = add_bind_table("notc", HT_STACKABLE, server_5char); // (obviously writing a server_5char) (server.mod\server.c line 1983)

Or am I doing something arcanely wrong?

Paul.
Last edited by Photon on Sat Aug 16, 2003 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P
Photon
Op

Post by Photon »

edit I see this post http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?t=5109 is having similar problems to me ... did you ever manage to sort it out serra?