This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Password Timeout On DCC Chat

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
s
soulmate

Password Timeout On DCC Chat

Post by soulmate »

Hi,
I have an eggdrop running on Windows XP. XP firewall are off, and the router is set to redirect port 1024 - 1030 to the computer with the eggdrop bot. The eggdrop conf is set to listen to 1025 for all connections (ie. listen 1025 all)

The thing is that I cannot dcc into the bot by issuing the command /dcc chat botnick. I get the dcc window but all it says is waiting to acknowledge and stops there.

What I get from the bot's log was that there was a password timeout, but I didnt get connected at all to the bot.

However, when I used /ctcp botnick chat, the bot can initiate the dcc and I can get connected.

Is there a different port that the bot send a reply that is not the same as the listen all settings in the conf file?

Below is the schema for easy understanding

IRC Server (EFNet)
|
|
Internet --------- My Computer
|
|
NAT Router
|
|
WinXP (Eggdrop)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

I get that all the time with my windrop (used to test scripts). Is annoying and is my firewall and one day I'll fix it. mIRC uses (on my system) port 7000 to DCC to my windrop & ZoneAlarm blocks it. All I do is shutdown the firewall, DCC chat to the bot, and then re-enable the firewall. :)
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
s
soulmate

Post by soulmate »

I don't have any firewall, so that leaves the issue of the cause as being any firewall. I have not enabled WinXP native firewall too.

Could there be any other cause to this happening? Thanks again.
v
vork3
Voice

Post by vork3 »

your router isn't blocking the ports??
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

soulmate: An eggdrop that runs on any windows is known as Windrop. :)
Dormant egghead.
j0n
Op

Post by j0n »

dcc chat will disregard the port
ctcp chat won`t

when you dcc chat nick, look at the IP listed in the window, it`s prolly a lan ip. you may also need to set an ip or hostname in your conf, so the dcc chat and figure it out

sometimes, 'localhost' works fine