This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

HowToAvoidMassDeop?

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
b
birdrop
Voice

HowToAvoidMassDeop?

Post by birdrop »

Im on a channel with about 7 or 8 bots on 3 or 4 shells. I recently installed mc_protect.ops.tcl in all of the bots. I have it set to +d anyone that tryes to Deop an op. When I tested it on indevidual users it worked fine. However one of the ops was able to mas deop all the bots and other ops.
So my question is, Is there some type of tweaking I need to do to prevent this? Ir use another TCL? Im a novice with bots and no scripting expierience at all.

Thanks
gumbydammit
Master

Post by gumbydammit »

set your flood-deop setting a little tighter
.help chaninfo
a.k.a. hellios
K
Kaarel
Halfop

Post by Kaarel »

You can also download TOProtect1.5.tcl from http://www.egghelp.org/tcl.htm
user

Re: HowToAvoidMassDeop?

Post by user »

The only way to protect against deoping is by NOT oping people that deop. :wink:

On a normal network you'll need at least 3*modes-per-line+1 clients oped and capable of reacting against the deop to stand a chance against ONE deoper. And even then you'd need some luck.
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Way BIG luck.. depends with who the deoper starts deoping.. if the eggdrop is not deoped in the first line then there is a chance to stop it from deoping all the oped persons.. so, better don't op persons you don't know or you don't trust, give ops only via the eggdrop vith user and password.. this is the most secure way to stop it.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
Dedan
Master

Post by Dedan »

as was said before:
change the de-op setting a little tighter.

also, if the de-op is alphabetacial,
and your bots nick starts with a "x" or "z"
it would be last, you get the idea.
I once was an intelligent young man, now i am old and i can not remember who i was.
b
birdrop
Voice

Post by birdrop »

Thanks for your replys.

In regards to the one who said:

On a normal network you'll need at least 3*modes-per-line+1 clients oped and capable of reacting against the deop to stand a chance against ONE deoper. And even then you'd need some luck.

Sorry but Im way novice at this stuff. :roll:
Youd have to be more clear. My appoloies. Im assuming by network meaning the botnet? otherwise, I have a single computer, as oposed to a network. And the rest is flat out over my head.

And once again thanks folks.
Ill try out all of your ideas

Accept for the one I dont understand LOL :wink:
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

A botnet refers to a botnet, a lan refers to a home or corporate network and a irc network stands for the linked group of servers that form the IRC servers you are on.

The 3*modes_per_line+1 means the following.

Each IRC network is capable of receiving more than 1 mode change in a command. EG
+oov-o nicka nickb nickc nickc

This is if the mode values are 4 modes_per_line.

Based on the above forular, you need (3*4)+1 bots, or 13

As for your computer being a single computer. Not so true. The internet is a network, so as soon as you connect it to it.
b
birdrop
Voice

Post by birdrop »

Ummm
I understand the 1st part I think. the modes. And how many the bot can do at one time?

The formula tho. I tryed to figure it out. Like I said Im way new. if you could explain it just a little more detailed. But i know newbs can be irritating. Dissregard if thats the case. I understand.

Thanks again for the help
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

It is simple math, rather than internet terminology.

As noted, each network has the ability to send more than one mode on each line.

One most, this is 4.

A single person can usualy massdeop people at a rate of "3 * MODES_PER_LINE" before a bot has chance to notice, compile a reaction, send it out and have the server interpret it.

This means, you must have that many bots or more, to stop any real mass-deop threat.

Most attacks come with more than one mass-deop bot, somtimes tens.

Thus you would need more.
b
birdrop
Voice

Post by birdrop »

Ah. A ratio thing. Got it. Thanks