This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Data from a list

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
S
Snapple
Voice

Data from a list

Post by Snapple »

I can't get data from a var in the list when the item is not in english\numbers\some signs, is there a problem with that?
I mean if the item of the list (list(item) "data") is in other language it returns NULL
Snapple
There are 10 kind of people here, the one's who know binary code and the one's who don't.
user

Re: Data from a list

Post by user »

You seem to think array elements are lists, but they're in fact just normal variables with strange names :P And, NO, there's no problem with any chars (\0-\xFF works just fine)

Your problem must have something to do with encoding of the data you're storing/retrieving. Where does it come from and what do you do with it?
S
Snapple
Voice

well... thanks

Post by Snapple »

thank you for helping me all the time,
but the problems not solved yet
I found the problem
I can't retreive data when the item is hebrew channel

and it's making a big big problem,
i'v checked, and the file is not the problems
the item var
Snapple
There are 10 kind of people here, the one's who know binary code and the one's who don't.
user

Post by user »

May I ask what your system encoding is? (returned by invoking 'encoding system')
stdragon
Owner

Post by stdragon »

How many times are you going to ask about this? Seriously, I don't believe that you've tried the solutions already offered. If you have, prove it. Paste the code of your script with each modification that has been suggested, and show us partyline logs of the solution not working. Don't be lazy.
S
Snapple
Voice

hmm

Post by Snapple »

I tried all the help you gave me here
didn't work
i'm not sure about system encode, how do I check?
Snapple