This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

TCL Error One more time :((

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
k
kalaaaa

Post by kalaaaa »

Can u help me with this too:

<Pe3a4> [22:14] Tcl error in script for 'timer4':
<Pe3a4> [22:14] topten
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

This is caused by a problem in a timer. The problem with the eggdrop timer system, is that errors are not all the meaningful.

Unless you can locate the script in question, we can't help.

One tip would be, to enable the .tcl command and type ".tcl set errorInfo" in the partyline. This may give you a tip on what to search for in your Tcl scripts.
S
SkiRmiS

Post by SkiRmiS »

if you look i have posted the some problem, this is problem i think in chatstats2.1.tcl script, i didn't try chatstats3.1 version yet.

k
kalaaaa

Post by kalaaaa »

statWWW that`s the TCL.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Looking through through the script, I found 2 very odd commands.

The script is programed to return topten, after 1 min every time the stats are requested. There is no purpose what so ever to return like this.

Locate line 502, and line 517. Either comment them out, by placing a # at the begining of the line, or just removing the line. This should fix them.

If any other tcl script can tell me what the purpose of this command is, let me know, coz this one has me bafled.
timer 1 {return topten}
stdragon
Owner

Post by stdragon »

timer 1 {return topten}

That is awful... I think I know what happened hehe. The programmer wanted the procedure to pause for a minute and then return topten. I've seen people put if statements in timers too, because they wanted the proc to pause.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

While in bed last night, I realised what he was trying to do.

note the regexp at the begining of the 2 proc in question. It looks like it was designed for basic flood protection.

To keep this flood protection, change the 2 lines in question to somthing like
timer 1 {if {1==0} {return topten }}
k
kalaaaa

Post by kalaaaa »

1 more BUG.... The !topten TCL is adding a LOT of users in the BOT... That`s bad.... And when the bot is sending notice to those users to set there`s passwords the server is killing him for Excess Flood :sad:(
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

This is not a bug, it's a feature.

This is an issue you will have to resolve yourself.

If you wish to use the auto-add feature, you should remove the script that asks users to set there passwords.

statwww requires that user be added for it to fully function. It is your choice, auto-add users, or remove the script for asking users to set passwords.
k
kalaaaa

Post by kalaaaa »

10x ppslim.... I have 1 question for u: How did u get so advanced.... :smile:))) BYe..
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

By reading instructions, and testing things on my own.
P
Petersen
Owner

Post by Petersen »

Also know as, rtfm :razz: