This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop Control Panel

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
P
Pyr0
Voice

Eggdrop Control Panel

Post by Pyr0 »

I'm currently working on a web based control panel to help set up an eggdrop.

The main idea is to have an easy way to set the config, add/remove users, and a few other aspects.

It's currently being developed using PHP and perhaps MySQL.

My question is, has anything like this been done before? And is there any interest?
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

I havent seen anything like that before Pyro. I'd be interested to see how well it performs. :wink: i cant see it being any easier than the way its currently done. But for newbie users it could be a great help. it could also have its advantages if your away from your main pc and want to just check to see if your bot is still online and also allowing other users some access to the bot via webpage depending on the flags they have on the bot as to what they are allowed to do via the web based management. I guess it has its pro's and con's Security could be an issue for one. I'd be happy to help you beta test it if you are going to go ahead with the project

^DooM^ :wink:
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

I'd be happy to test it also. :)
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
P
Pyr0
Voice

Post by Pyr0 »

Yeah, I've ran into a couple problems.

First: Should the control panel be on the same server as the eggdrop or not?
For now, I'll develop it with in mind it will be on the same server.
Maybe in the future I will have the ability for it to be on a different server.

Second: Running/restarting the eggdrop from the panel under the correct user and not the apache user. My friend proposed a shell script that will 'su' or 'suid' to circumvent this problem.

Third: Parsing the channel and user files. Perhaps encrypting/decrypting the passwords.

Fourth: Having PHP telnet into the bot, login, and send a .rehash signal.

I think that's it for now besides the obvious, how to write a really long file in PHP. Which just requires a lot of tedious code.
d
dork

good stuff

Post by dork »

i wana help if there is some open spot i wnat test it too so if u got something made up send it 2 me :lol:
M
MuPPskI

Post by MuPPskI »

Sounds great PHP and SQL is probly what you need.

I think the control panel should be on the same server as the bot but you can make it to alternativ .. like choose your server either you type in another server or localhost

The foruth problem , Maybe you need to write somekinda telnet script and make it work with the rest

I be happy to help you out anyway I could , Testing and such
my PHP and SQL skills are really low

But I can do something :D
GodOfSuicide
Master

Post by GodOfSuicide »

why with telnet stuff ? demo-listen.tcl by egghead and demo-connect.tcl and you're done (i'd say). No need to emulate a partyline and send ".rehash", the pure eggdrop-tcl command "rehash" does the trick.
M
MuPPskI

Post by MuPPskI »

oh the telnet thingy can easily be done in perl i think