This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

bots not linking

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
o
orcuttb

bots not linking

Post by orcuttb »

Hi All,

I've always been a RTFM kinda guy, but i just can't seem to figure this one out. i recently had 3 eggdrop 1.6.15 bots on a FreeBSD 4.8 install. They were all linked up and happy, then i had to move to another town (same cable provider, different ip's). I updated the configs/userfiles with the new info, and made the changes in bsd to make things work. Everything is running smooth, I can get the bots to link to other external bots, and vice versa, but they just won't link to eachother on the local box. I am not running any NAT or Firewall SW or HW. This is just drivin me batty. If anyone could give me and idea, I'd appreciate it. I've exhausted every mental and online resource I could think of. Thanks again!

-brandon
CrazyCat
Revered One

Post by CrazyCat »

Well, just an idea like this:
have you try to do a

Code: Select all

.chpass localbot
on each of your local bot?
And have you put the good IP? by example, if you have more than one ip on your box, you can't link using 127.0.0.1 but you MUST use your ip defined in config file (set my-ip "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx")
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Do the .chpass only on the hub. Also, check the protect-telnet in the .conf file and be shure you got the right ip for the hub and leafs.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
gumbydammit
Master

Post by gumbydammit »

posting the link attempt and the error they get may help us aid you.. just **** out the ip or something :)
a.k.a. hellios
j0n
Op

Post by j0n »

different ports?
o
orcuttb

i suck...

Post by orcuttb »

well it turned out to be a routed issue. all i had to do was setup a static route from the ip's to 127.0.0.1... thanks for all the help!

-b