This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop connecting to a server which requires a password

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
N
NaNook

Eggdrop connecting to a server which requires a password

Post by NaNook »

Hi,

I have now set the hub of my network for only passworded access.

I cannot seem to find within the eggdrop.conf how to get my eggdrop to send a password on connect.

I have the following:

set servers {
servername here:6667:password here
}

However that is just for the bot to identify and not issue a password for access to the server.

Anyone know?

Ta
Nook
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

The "servername here:6667:password here" is to make it connect to a specified server: port with a specific password. What exactly do you want?
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
N
NaNook

Well...

Post by NaNook »

Actually I have been using that because the bot uses it to identify to nickserv, it does not issue a password to the server on a server which has a passworded allow block.
N
NaNook

Most Odd

Post by NaNook »

Ok when I changed the password from it's nickserv password to the server password it connects fine so you are right.

However it would appear that this method is also used for the bot identifying to nickserv, as when the password is changed it fails to identify to nickserv.

So this would appear to me that it's nickserv password and the server password have to be the same.
gumbydammit
Master

Post by gumbydammit »

use init-server in conf to identify to nickserv.. or get a script.. there is many of them in the tcl archive
a.k.a. hellios
s
stammer
Voice

Post by stammer »

Hi all,
in network my bot is 'irc.ser.ver:port:password' is used to get bot to use virtual host (host spoof). Maybe that is that you want :)