This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

DCC Chat

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
e
egghead
Master

Post by egghead »

faisal wrote:I see... so is there any other alternative?
try the script by user?
f
faisal
Voice

Post by faisal »

Well, okay.. sure... though the script recommended by user is more complicated (i dont really understand the codings). i'll try loading it into my bot and update you guys with the outcome.

Thanks! :D
user

Post by user »

egghead wrote:I've tried to "dos" my bot by making numerous connections without reading the data. What happens is that the bot gets an incoming telnet connection and nothing happens any further. If there is a lot of connections the only thing I see is: "[01:17] Ident failed for hostname: No Free DCC's". And finally, when doing many connections from the same host, the bot places that host on ignore.
EDIT: I was wrong about the blocking. I must have had some network problems when I did my test yesterday. Weird coincidence. However, there seems to be a limit on file size. I don't know if this limit is in eggdrop or my tcp stack's buffering of data. I was unable to test reading the data without buffering on the client side :/
"eof!(write) socket 10 (Broken pipe,32)" was the error message from eggdrop when trying to send this large file (~100k)
Have you ever read "The Manual"?