This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Need a tcl script to run on an eggdrop and combat spam bots

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
E
EviL_SmUrF

Need a tcl script to run on an eggdrop and combat spam bots

Post by EviL_SmUrF »

My network is being flooded with damn spam bots who message everyone with "Clocl here to see my video!" and the video address appears to be http:// + their full hostmask with /me.mpg at the end

If you are interested in creating a tcl script that I can run on an eggdrop that will check to see if that address is valid for everyone that connects to the network (the bot will be opered), I am interested in paying you for it via paypal.

Please contact me at irc.messagebot.net or send me a memo there. My nickname is EviL_SmUrF.

Thanks guys!
CrazyCat
Revered One

Post by CrazyCat »

why speaking about money? Can't you understand that a community is a place where everybody helps everybody?

So, about your trouble, you want to verify if the string between http:// and /me.mpg is valid? It's quite stupid :)
Why don't you just check if you're spammed with an add for me.mpg?
E
EviL_SmUrF

Post by EviL_SmUrF »

because i dont want to give the spammers a chance to even message anyone. i want to grab the hostmask as its connecting (via the server notices to ircops), check to see if http://their-hostmask.com/me.mpg is valid, and if it is, ban the spam bot before they can even message anyone.
CrazyCat
Revered One

Post by CrazyCat »

ok, so you can try using wget or lynx -dump.
If an error is returned, the user may be ok.

But take care, because more of this spams don't work, so not having the $hostmask/me.mpg isn't an evidence...
TALES
Halfop

Post by TALES »

im on a server where there is also that problem.

what i did was kick ban the user when he join that has done the trick for a while.
now what he or she is doing is join part channel and get nicks who iare in the channel and then msg them.with that msg.

its always a nick like example: `]{a[ , ]`aw{ , }]c ,`a[ etc.. random letters and charactors.

i have tryed the bogus thing in eggdrop.

set kick-bogus 1

for bogus nicks but not effective :(
i dont know if that set kick-bogus 1 is al you have to do to active that bogus thing ??
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

As far as I see, there is no kick-bogus setting in eggdrops.
TALES
Halfop

Post by TALES »

looks like that i have missed read something about that kick-bogus. :oops:
E
EviL_SmUrF

Post by EviL_SmUrF »

so, any ideas guys?

maybe if someone can write me a simple tcl script that if a user joins/parts and it is quicker than a quarter-second or somethin, they get glined? =/

or if someone can try using the wget like someone said?

as u can tell i dont know any tcl at all, so im hoping someone here will help!
k
kaspo

Post by kaspo »

u can use spamcheck.tcl by Torr & MC_8. you can download at http://www.egghelp.org/tclhtml/3478-4-0-0-1-spam.htm
i use this tcl, very good 8)
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

this is a code that checks if nick parts the channel in 1 second or less after joining:

Code: Select all

bind part - * gline:spamer

proc gline:spamer {nick uhost hand chan} {
if {[getchanjoin $nick $chan] >= [expr {[clock seconds]-1}]} {
## gline user
 }
}
you can change the value 1 second to less or more.
s
stammer
Voice

Post by stammer »

Why don't you make a eggdrop an ircop and make it to message everyone who join server or network and if it is a spambot gline it
O
Ofloo
Owner

Post by Ofloo »

i got a script old script i made for my ircd don't use it for the time being there is a bug in it but it checks ctcp version on connect i would have to read true it but the script connects as a service to the server also is able to get host masks on connect .. if u wanted to so what is it exactly u want maybe i can help u .. if u discribe exactly what u want .. and only if i can do it for free :p lol, well ill try to do my best tho to make the script u want :p

gline not that effective if u where to deny its host just zline its host simple .. if u would do that then they can't even use connect flood cause gline would still show connection while zline kicks it before it trys to connect

witch in the end would be mutch more effective or if u don't mind the connection .. shun them
XplaiN but think of me as stupid
TALES
Halfop

Post by TALES »

i use now 2 tcl for this problem 1 bogus nick ban kicker
and 1 realname scan original code by Papillon modified and adjusted by caesar. in the source of the spambot i saw that the real name always is with .com .net .org .ca 1 of the 13 realnames is with out a .domein

scripts works fine for me now but need some adjustments ;)

you can find the 2 scripts here in tcl scripts : bad2pack.zip
http://www.cb3rob.net/~tales/