This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

need a script against multiple-part floods in the channel

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
l
laynuks
Voice

need a script against multiple-part floods in the channel

Post by laynuks »

need a script against multiple-part floods in the channel. it is getting widespread in IRC, when a floodr join the channel and when they part it shows so many part using singe IP address

example log
19:14] * Joins: CaGe-1725 (zwgscjongy@ANeuilly-110-1-2-97.w81-53.abo.wanadoo.fr)
[19:14] * Parts: CaGe-1725 (zwgscjongy@ANeuilly-110-1-2-97.w81-53.abo.wanadoo.fr) (CaGe-1539)
[19:14] * Parts: CaGe-1725 (zwgscjongy@ANeuilly-110-1-2-97.w81-53.abo.wanadoo.fr) (CaGe-1539)

Thank You
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

There is little that cane be done about this.

I would sugest switching networks, as this is obviously a bug in the IRCD than IRC itself.

What sort of action would you take on a user?
MD87
Voice

Post by MD87 »

Quakenet had this problem a little while ago (luckily not many people noticed, and it's been fixed). This script I wrote will ban anyone doing it for 5 minutes (you could increase it). If the people doing it aren't likely to come back then it's useless though (the people doing it in my chan were regular idlers, so a 5 min ban was a fairly effective punishment)

Code: Select all

set lastpart(null) 0

bind part -|- * PF:part
bind join -|- * PF:join

proc PF:part { nick address handle channel reason } {
 global lastpart
 if { [info exists lastpart(${channel})] } {
  set lnick $lastpart(${channel})
  if { $lnick == $nick } {
   newchanban $channel ${nick}!${address} $::botnick "Part flood" 5 sticky
  }
 }
 set lastpart(${channel}) $nick
}

proc PF:join { nick address handle channel } {
 global lastpart
 set lastpart(${channel}) "-"
}
Webmaster, MD87.co.uk
GodOfSuicide
Master

Post by GodOfSuicide »

MD87 wrote:Quakenet had this problem a little while ago
wasnt that an ircu exploit / bug ? so it affected multiple networks
MD87
Voice

Post by MD87 »

I'm not sure, I just know that you could do it on Quakenet ;) (I don't venture onto other networks much)
Webmaster, MD87.co.uk
TALES
Halfop

Post by TALES »

there is a script for that made by BarkerJr look the archive on this page
l
laynuks
Voice

Post by laynuks »

[quote="MD87"]Quakenet had this problem a little while ago (luckily not many people noticed, and it's been fixed). This script I wrote will ban anyone doing it for 5 minutes (you could increase it). If the people doing it aren't likely to come back then it's useless though (the people doing it in my chan were regular idlers, so a 5 min ban was a fairly effective punishment)

<-- Thank You I will try to load this script to my eggdrop bot, this multiple part flood is getting popular here in Undernet.

########################
Z
Zapp

Post by Zapp »

Last edited by Zapp on Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
user
&nbsp;

Re: Bad luck!

Post by user »

Zapp wrote:TALES ... can u please post the link again ... or at least send me a private message? I've got the same problem... :(
How did you manage to understand that the script exist without reading what he said? :P

Oh, btw..by "this page" he probably meant this page.
Have you ever read "The Manual"?
l
laynuks
Voice

Post by laynuks »

laynuks wrote:
MD87 wrote:Quakenet had this problem a little while ago (luckily not many people noticed, and it's been fixed). This script I wrote will ban anyone doing it for 5 minutes (you could increase it). If the people doing it aren't likely to come back then it's useless though (the people doing it in my chan were regular idlers, so a 5 min ban was a fairly effective punishment)

<-- Thank You I will try to load this script to my eggdrop bot, this multiple part flood is getting popular here in Undernet.

MD87 thanks it works

########################