This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

make a botnet with dynamic ip numbers

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
v
virtuoso
Halfop

nope

Post by virtuoso »

nope. the hub and the leafs can change the hostname. btw i can't use a program like dyndns,because those hostnames i can get from all over the internet can't do what i'm expecting them to do, because they only work in one direction... meaning i can tell the provider of a given hostname that i want that hostname to resolve to my IP address, and that will send anything using that hostname to my IP address... but... my IP address itself is not under that provider's control, and it will resolve to whatever hostname is given by my own internet connection provider. a side effect of this is that, when i give one of those hostnames to eggdrop to use, and it connects to an IRC server, or a botnet, then dns only goes one step and does a lookup on that hostname and it resolves to the IP address i give to the provider of the hostname, if everything is working properly... and if it isn't working properly then the botnet or irc server will still just get my actual IP address, because as I said, even tho the hostname you gave does point to my IP, it doesn't go in the other direction; my IP does not resolve to that hostname. the only place i can get my IP to show up a hostname of my own choosing is at my own internet provider. even if i run my own dns server on my machine, that will only work for myself connecting to my own machine, or to other machines i have defined in my dns. well, it would also work for anyone who sets my IP as their dns server, but the information they get from it will not be valid for the rest of the internet unless it happens to agree with the actual authoritative dns servers for wherever they are connecting.
user

Post by user »

:lol:
All the leafs need is a ip to connect to. (which they'll get from the dynamic dns provider if you stop talking [censored] and start reading)
Have you ever read "The Manual"?
v
virtuoso
Halfop

ssss

Post by virtuoso »

i can have a stable hostname for the hub because i can buy a process from a shell provider. but the leafs will have a lot of dynamic and heterogenous ip numbers. i will have not only a dns,but 3 or more,because my friends uses more than 3 italian providers. tiscali,libero,alice adsl... btw,can u explain better your idea ? thanks
v
virtuoso
Halfop

Post by virtuoso »

so, my hub will be

HUB ---> *@*.pool*.interbusiness.it,

right ?

and u wanna link the leafs manually,everytime a pc go online ?

if yes,your way its not safe...
user

Post by user »

1) Get an account with some dynamic dns provider
2) Install a suitable client for updating the ip (on the box your hub is running from)
3) In leafs: .chaddr hub <dynamic hostname>:<port>
4) Enjoy
v
virtuoso
Halfop

uuu

Post by virtuoso »

ok. the hub is called nutellina ; its located on a shell and the stable hostname is :

Nutellina is virtuoso@62.80.109.152 * Nutellina

i've logon on dcc with the first leaf,after have installed on his box a dns tool for updating the ip number with a stable hostname (called ada.toh.info) and i've written :

.chaddr Nutellina ada.toh.info:4764

and the output has been :

<Adaaaaa1> This command is only useful for tandem bots.
user
&nbsp;

Post by user »

Then "Nutellina" is not added as a bot. Check http://www.egghelp.org/enhance.htm
v
virtuoso
Halfop

uu

Post by virtuoso »

i should add :

.+bot dynamicdnsaddress:botport

but what is dynamicdnsaddress ?
D
Darmoth
Master

Post by Darmoth »

beside the eggdrops I run from my shells, i also run 2 of them from a local server, connected via dsl and dynamic IP.
It works fine. All I did was adding the bots like that:

Botname!Ident@*.this.host:port

The asterix replaces the dynamic part of the hosmask (it's changin every 24 hours.)
v
virtuoso
Halfop

gg

Post by virtuoso »

but everytime your dynamic part changes,u should replace it ,right ?
and what happens if someone makes a fake bot ? its very easy to kill your bot using the denial of service and to clone his nickname and userid. (the dynamic part don't need to be cloned...)
for this reason i think thats not a safe solution....what do u think ?
D
Darmoth
Master

Post by Darmoth »

<but everytime your dynamic part changes,u should replace it ,right ? >

Nope, since the dynamic part is replaced by the asterix, there's no need to do anything.

<and what happens if someone makes a fake bot ?>

Nothing much, beside that one has either to use the same ISP or to fake the hostmaskhe has also to use the exact Botname!ident@*.hostmask.
But even if, it's the same like a faked user. The fakebot won't connect to the botnet without knowing the right password wich will be set by the bots at the first linking.

<its very easy to kill your bot using the denial of service and to clone his nickname and userid.>

Not more or less difficult than killing a bot on a server from any shell provider by using a DoS or DDoS.

<for this reason i think thats not a safe solution....what do u think ?>

I don't see any real problems. For security reasons I wouldn't give such a bot the autoop flag, but that is something I wouldn'd do for anyone, bot or user.
The only real problem with eggdrops running on a server connected via dsl is, that most ISP's (at least here in germany) disconnect every 24 hours. If the bot is supposed to protect a channel on a network without services like chanserv, I would at least run one or better more eggdrops from drifferent shells.
v
virtuoso
Halfop

ssss

Post by virtuoso »

>The fakebot won't connect to the botnet without knowing the right >password wich will be set by the bots at the first linking.

but if the fakebot is built by nick + user id + hostmask , and nick + user id are easy to be cloned and the hostmask can be obtained from any1,because its enough to use the same isp,the password created during the linking should be valid for the fake bot too...
CrazyCat
Revered One

Post by CrazyCat »

No, passwords can't be re-do.
The password is created when the bots link for the first time, and they're keeped.
v
virtuoso
Halfop

sss

Post by virtuoso »

but excusme but on which kind of parameters are they based ?
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

That has always been a security concern form day one.

The same can be said for any system that determines if a user is legitmate on more than just a username and password.

You are never going to get hardcore security out of a dynamic IP full stop.