This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

linking bots

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
N
Nebula

linking bots

Post by Nebula »

im trying to link my bot:

<kamikaze> [18:11] Received challenge from Nebula... sending response ...
<kamikaze> [18:11] Linked to Nebula.
<kamikaze> *** Linked to Nebula
<kamikaze> [18:11] Downloading user file from Nebula
<kamikaze> [18:11] Failed connection; aborted userfile transfer.
<kamikaze> [18:11] Disconnected from: Nebula. No reason (lost 2 bots and 2 users)

ive looked through both our config files and i cant find anythign wrong. why does it disconnect on userfile transfer :cry:

im sure i should have given more info but i dunno what :wink:
D
Darmoth
Master

Post by Darmoth »

I suppose it's just a lag or timing problem between your bots. usually after a few retries the transfer should be completet successfully.
x
Voice

Post by x »

Usually when I have had that problem it has meant that the bot from the other bot is trying to download the userfile is firewalled so that the needed ports (if any?) aren't open. I've got plenty bots behind fully firewalled computers, they can download usefile from a bot which has needed ports open but themselves of course they can't work as hubs.

I've sometimes problems that the bot won't download file although there wouldn't be anything preventing it to get it but in these cases it usually downloads it after few failures successfully, just like "Darmoth" pointed earlier.