This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Module C/C++ Tutorial

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
S
Shahid

Module C/C++ Tutorial

Post by Shahid »

Hello,

I wanted to write my own module using C++ or C language, I do have some knowledge of C++ coding. At the moment I am trying to find some tutorials of writing own module in C++.

Do you know where I can find some tutorials and some small example of c++ module if possible?

I have tired google.com but no luck!

Thanks.

Shahid 8)
S
Shahid

Post by Shahid »

anyone please?
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

I really shouldn't be the one to talk about this. But...

I'm not sure if eggdrop modules (If that's the module you're talking about, because this is an eggdrop forum, so I'm guessing you're talking about writing an eggdrop module) use C++, but I'm very positive that all of the modules that have been written so far have been written in C.

To have an example module, rip out woobie (It's written in C, though) in modules/ and check it out. It's there for just that purpose for programmers like you to see how a module is written.

Also, I'd suggest you visit The eggheads mailing list and ask this question, as you'll find all the brass of eggdrop development answering your email.

I also found this link as a first result of "C++ modules" on Google.com. This is just incase you weren't talking about eggdrop modules. :P

All the best.
Dormant egghead.
S
Shahid

Post by Shahid »

I am talking about eggdrop modules! can u help?
T
TLM
Voice

Post by TLM »

Look at the woobie.mod (should be in the eggdrop src) and look for the sheep.mod, that should get ya started hopfuly.
S
Shahid

Post by Shahid »

What about tutorials?
e
extort

Post by extort »

the woobie module IS a tutorial / example... if you dont understand something, id say look at some of the other modules maybe get an idea from there...
G
Galadhrim
Op

Post by Galadhrim »

That is a good idea, but the other modules are so programmed in such a nasty way that no one can even see how it works.

We'll just have to stick to TCL, ffs.