This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

create a listen party line socket

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
O
Ofloo
Owner

create a listen party line socket

Post by Ofloo »

how can i replicate listen 3333 bots without using that i mean how can i make my own socket that interfaces to the partly line ..?
XplaiN but think of me as stupid
stdragon
Owner

Post by stdragon »

Use the "socket" command. See the tcl manual for more info.
O
Ofloo
Owner

Post by Ofloo »

i know how to use socket the thing is i wana attach the party line on that socket
stdragon
Owner

Post by stdragon »

You mean you want to make your own socket, but have eggdrop control it as a partyline socket? Why don't you use "listen" then?

I don't think you can do it just in tcl, you'll need to write a module or modify the source.

What I interpreted your post as asking was how to make a socket to *connect* to the partyline. And you don't need to attach the partyline to it. (Or maybe I don't know what you're asking.)
O
Ofloo
Owner

Post by Ofloo »

cause i wana make an ssl socket ;) , ok can i bind the listen socket to localhost some how ..? that should be possible and then create a listen socket on all ips then i make a local tunnel to the localhost yes ur right i wana attach it to the party line ;)
i figured out how to make an ssl socket just need to know how to attach it to the party line or have to rewrite listen and thats impossible for me cause i don't know C ..
stdragon
Owner

Post by stdragon »

I suppose you could say "set my-ip 127.0.0.1" and that would make it only bind to that ip address. Then after the listen, set my-ip back to 0.0.0.0 or "" or something. I'm not sure, I've never tried.
O
Ofloo
Owner

Post by Ofloo »

hmm could try tnx tho ;) ill let u know how it turns out if u wana know ;)