This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

exp/ident problem

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
J
JOE
Voice

exp/ident problem

Post by JOE »

:( Hi all
I cant get bot to join Dalnet because of exp/ident,is there any tcl scripts that will get me pass Dalnets ident on server.I added a Dalnet tcl script to identify to nickserv,but that didnt help.Hope someone can help me solve this problem.Many thanks once again
D
Darmoth
Master

Post by Darmoth »

This has nothing to do with identifying the Bots nick to dalnet services.
Dalnet Servers check for an ident reply on connection. You need to have an ident demon running on the Box your eggdrop is installed on. There are several available for *nix like oident e.g. . If you use a windrop, there is a demon included in the windrop archife. If you are behind a firewall, you'll have to set a portforwarding to the box your ident demon is installed on. If you are using a shell account for the bot and the providers ident demon isn't working, contact the shellprovider. beside that you can try to use an other dalnetser´ver. Not all of them do the ident checking on connect.