This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Recieving Files?

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
B
BhaaL

Recieving Files?

Post by BhaaL »

Everyone knows FileServer Scripts, the EggDrop-Pages are full of them...
But have you seen a single script that recieves and stores a File from a User using DCC Send? I haven't.

I looked through the bind-Types of EggDrop, and afaik there is a bind for successfully Recieved Files (RECV). Hm, so I could check if I got the file.
But first I have to know if someone wants to send a file, what IP/port to use, and so on. Where do I get these Infos? Sure, a CTCP bind for DCC SEND could work, or a RAW bind for PRIVMSG with some CodeChars (\001) and DCC SEND.

And there is the Problem. I have no Idea how to "wait" for the file, and how to save it. Sending is easy, therefore we use "dccsend". But no "dccget", "dccrecv" or something?

I hope there's somebody out there that could help me.

Thanks in Advance.
Regards, BhaaL
stdragon
Owner

Post by stdragon »

The bot accepts and downloads the file all by itself. The RCVD bind is triggered after the file is totally received.
strikelight
Owner

Post by strikelight »

stdragon wrote:The bot accepts and downloads the file all by itself. The RCVD bind is triggered after the file is totally received.
For users with a specific flag...

See .help whois for more information.
B
BhaaL

Post by BhaaL »

stdragon wrote:The bot accepts and downloads the file all by itself. The RCVD bind is triggered after the file is totally received.
I wouldn't have asked if it did....
-18:19:43- [BhaaL] .chattr bhaal +x
-18:19:43- [BL-Bot] [17:15] #BhaaL# chattr bhaal +x
-18:19:43- [BL-Bot] Global flags for bhaal are now +jfmnoptx.
-18:19:48- [BL-Bot] [17:15] -BhaaL (BhaaL@go.moo.oh.yes.they.do)- DCC Send test.txt (212.152.234.29)
-18:19:49- [BL-Bot] [17:15] Refused DCC SEND: BhaaL!BhaaL@go.moo.oh.yes.they.do
-18:19:49- [BL-Bot] [17:15] CTCP SEND: test.txt 3566791197 3184 295 from BhaaL (BhaaL@go.moo.oh.yes.they.do)
I got the flag +x, transfer-module is loaded and my bot recognises me. I checked twice, but it never accepted the file.