This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Returning user'slocal time

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
M
Monty_
Voice

Returning user'slocal time

Post by Monty_ »

I'm starting this post under a different subject heading becuase I may not have stated my case clearly with the first one.

I'm interested in having my bot accomplish the same thing I can do in mIRC with a /ctcp <nick> TIME. The return is a text line that includes the user's nick and local time and date.

I'm tried to bind a \001TIME $nick\001 in a notice, but it's been fraught with problems.

Has anyone done anything like this?

Thanks
e
egghead
Master

Re: Returning user'slocal time

Post by egghead »

Monty_ wrote:I'm starting this post under a different subject heading becuase I may not have stated my case clearly with the first one.

I'm interested in having my bot accomplish the same thing I can do in mIRC with a /ctcp <nick> TIME. The return is a text line that includes the user's nick and local time and date.

I'm tried to bind a \001TIME $nick\001 in a notice, but it's been fraught with problems.

Has anyone done anything like this?

Thanks
And, once again, you are using the wrong command. It should be:

Code: Select all

putserv "PRIVMSG $nick :\001TIME\001"
M
Monty_
Voice

Post by Monty_ »

Once again?

Ok...I see that now. I missed it in all the other discussion. I'll try that.

Thanks
M
Monty_
Voice

Post by Monty_ »

That worked like a charm. Thanks for your advice and patience.

Monty