This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

secure bot?

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
[R]
Halfop

secure bot?

Post by [R] »

Hello,

Is my Bot secure enough? - How can I check this?

I have got a questions...

1) Id like that people who get opped , get kicked...
I know that function is +bitch.. But Id like to kick users wo get opped..
Where can I config this module?

ps: sry for my english

Thx and Greetz

[R]
]Kami[
Owner

Post by ]Kami[ »

Well, eggdrop alone (userfiles & chanfiles) aren't secured enough.If somebody hack shell, he can easily change owner host or delete it's pass, so then he have control over all botnet (this means your chans etc..)If you want secure bot with encrypted user and chan files, then try AversE1.8 (it's very fast bot, much much faster then eggdrop - imho the fastest bot for ircnet).You can download it Here.Or wait some time, when KrzychuG will end his new bot named Evangeline, you can find info about Evangeline and AversE on www.averse.piasta.pl

Btw about bitch, if you want bot to kick bot users, one who give op and one who is oped, then try superbitch (it's very slow :P) or +defense (very fast :P) in AversE.
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

if someone "hack" your shell, then you're in deep [censored] no matter how "leet" your botpack is..

if you want to ban on +bitch, then there are sevaral tcl scripts that will do this. Try searching the tcl archive on this site for superbitch
]Kami[
Owner

Post by ]Kami[ »

True, but if userfiles are encrypted, they can't take your channels, they can only kill your process.
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

well you would only have to "protect" your hub, and set it to reject userfile changes from any of the leafs.

and this is why a public encryption is useless:
http://www.egghelp.org/faq.htm#038
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Aren't you way too paranoia? :mrgreen: relax..
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

Yeah, we talked about encryption many times on that forum. Anyway protections used in AversE are enought to scary lamers. AversE is better if you wan't to make your channel more secure.

I'll suggest to wait for Evangeline :)
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

If you use good paswords not like your mother's name or other silly things like this, load only the TCL scripts you trust, get the eggdrop only from the official servers and give high access only to people you can trust and there should not be any problems at all.
]Kami[
Owner

Post by ]Kami[ »

Belive me, there can be many problems :mrgreen: Eggdrop is just slow old but who need retirement :P Eggdrop is good for info/news/help/greet scripts but for protections channels is just to slow :P
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

correct me if im wrong, but wouldnt a eggdrop with extra encryption just be slower and use way more cpu
]Kami[
Owner

Post by ]Kami[ »

Don't think so...AversE is very fast...Just look at this:

Same goes for defense (bitch).E.G. Somebody join 50 clones on channel, one user op 5 clones, user who oped clones and all clones will be kicked from channel in one second (averse also start to kick very fast).This means, all clones and user who oped then will be kicked, and your channel is saved :P

We had botnet with 45 Eggdrops (1.6.13)...All of them had very good scripts and aswell superbitch + cloneprotection.One user joined 12 clones on channel, he took it over with no problems, because Eggdrops are just too slow...Next time, me and one guy were testing AversE (about 1 year ago...).He had 1 AversE bot and i had 20 clones.I joined 20 clones on channel (no clone detection was on).I oped 5 clones, guess what...Me and all clones were kicked from channel in 1 second, so clones couldn't op eachother...
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

As far as I can see the *reaction* of your eggdrops was absolute 0 (zero, none, naza, zip, rien, etc.. you name it). By using the default built in flud kick would prevent a channel takeover to happen. Also the speed of the *actions* of eggdrop depends on stuff like it's the CPU it eats, the binds he knows (I'm talking about TCL scripts), the server it sits on and so on. Probably you had an slow eggdrop just coz you had sloppy scripts or something similar and cos the person that deoped all your eggdrops had a a lot of luck and was on an a lil bit more fast server than yours. As I have said, lots of stuff can contribute to it's speed. :)

PS: Add plain text if realy needed not pics. :P
Last edited by caesar on Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
]Kami[
Owner

Post by ]Kami[ »

Well, yeah it depends on all of this...But all Eggdrops are slow.Every one on IRCNet and there are many many shell providers...I think they aren't made for IRCNet and for protection channels...

Btw, if i remove picture and add text, then you won't see this nice red and green colors anymore :mrgreen:
Last edited by ]Kami[ on Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

pilot error
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

We seem to go *off topic* and that's not nice. [R] asked for some sugestions about how to improve it's security on it's bot or botnet or whatever and we kinda express our ideeas about wich bot is slower and wich is faster.. umm.. actualy you did :mrgreen: kidding :)

Ps; Big deal.. same bloddy thing. A bunch of lazy ass bots that sit and do nothing. :mrgreen: