This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

secure bot?

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

The only thing which make your botnet more secure is userfile and eventually chanfile encryption and also share encryption (available in Evangeline). Evangeline have much better encrypted userfiles (i'm using blowfish) and generally its key is "protected" (you can't find it in binary).

Caesar, you said about good passwords, but what if someone hack on the shell and add some hostmask to eggdrop userfile and/or change some chansets or simply remove channel from chanlist to get it back?

Encryption doesn't have so much influence on irc reactions and doesn't use more cpu resources than normal eggdrops.

Maybe that will be offtopic, but in my oppinion Eggdrops aren't optimized for IRCnet, and thats why they are "slow" there.
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

how can the key be "protected" when you give away the source code ?

and as Caesar said, this is offtopic, the guy asked for a script that kick on +bitch
strikelight
Owner

Post by strikelight »

]Kami[ wrote:True, but if userfiles are encrypted, they can't take your channels, they can only kill your process.
Not true.. if they gain root access, they can control your bot's net stream, manipulating your bot -> server tcp stream into giving ops to whomever they want.
[R]
Halfop

Post by [R] »

Hm great answers :D , Great Board! :D

But Id like eggdrops!
I think its the best bot :oops:
I am using a +bitch modul , not a script... Modules are faster than scripts... :) How can I kick not allowed ops with this modul?
Where can I find more settings from my bot?!
Can everybody help me to secure my eggdrop?

by the way: hmh i need a update, perhabs? I have got 1.16.5 ...
Is it important , to update my bot?

Thx and Greetz

[R]
]Kami[
Owner

Post by ]Kami[ »

[R] wrote:Hm great answers :D , Great Board! :D

But Id like eggdrops!
I think its the best bot :oops:
I am using a +bitch modul , not a script... Modules are faster than scripts... :) How can I kick not allowed ops with this modul?
Where can I find more settings from my bot?!
Can everybody help me to secure my eggdrop?

by the way: hmh i need a update, perhabs? I have got 1.16.5 ...
Is it important , to update my bot?

Thx and Greetz

[R]
Well, you can't kick people with bitch module, but you can do it with superbitch.This is extrabitch script which kicks both users (one who oped, and one who got op):

Code: Select all

set channels "#channel1 #channel2"
# Here you put chans on which you want script to work
set allowmn 1            
set kickmsg "[censored] OfF" 
bind mode - * mode:bitchie_staff
proc mode:bitchie_staff {nick uhost handle channel mchange theone} {
 global channels kickmsg botnick allowmn
  set mode [lindex $mchange 0]
  if {$mode != "+o" || ![string match "* [string tolower $channel ]*" "l [string tolower $channels] l"] || [matchattr $handle b] || [string tolower $theone] == [string tolower $botnick] || [string tolower $nick] == [string tolower $botnick]} {return 0}
  if {$allowmn == 1 && ([matchattr $handle n] || [matchattr $handle m])} {return 0}
  putquick "KICK $channel $nick :$kickmsg"
  putquick "KICK $channel $theone :$kickmsg"

return 0
}
Btw, about version...You wanted to say 1.6.15, right? :mrgreen:
j0n
Op

Post by j0n »

How much faster is using the module compared to the .tcl anyways ?
Has anyone actually timed both methods ?

And no, don`t say it depends on the hardware/shell/upstream/etc ;)

I would be curious to know the difference. Actually, if I were to pick any module, it would prolly be the botnetops since I`m not really into irc wars anymore.

Kami: before I download the bot sources you posted earlier, do they have files in English? I noticed the websites weren't ... I would assume Polish :)
KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

Who said that AversE or Evangeline isn't Eggdrop? Not me. Both bots are eggdrops modification (AversE - 1.4.2, Evangeline - 1.6.16). Both have uses modified +bitch, which i named +defense in sources (not in tcl).

You have to modify irc.mod a little to kick instead of deopping using +bitch channel setting.

It is obvoius that compiled code (in C, C++ etc) is faster than code written in tcl, but i didnt timed both methods (btw. it depends also on the software - tcl version).

AversE have quite poor english documentation, Evangeline have it much better but unfinished yet.
[R]
Halfop

Post by [R] »

excuse me , yes I mean 1.6.16 =)
Is it important to update?

Kima: I need only this script? Anything else needed?
[R]
Halfop

Post by [R] »

oh
here is my config file.. Plz post ur comments to the file? Is there an error or a better way to secure?
Or insecure file?
Post! :)
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

Those global-flood settings look a bit funky.
Personly I'd go with something more strict
[R]
Halfop

Post by [R] »

can u edit the file for me? And corecct the misstakes?