This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

samode sajoin

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
t
taliesen
Voice

samode sajoin

Post by taliesen »

ok, have an eggdrop running on a bahamut irc server, this eggdrop is a oper so it can op it self in a few channels(small network), now ive had a few problems ever since i first started using the /samode and /sajoin

i use the /samode in the need-op {}'s and /sajoin in the need-invite/key's

some things that have happened...

the bot will deop people that were never opped.

the bot has banned the wrong hostmask from time to time, that are sticky bans.

the bot will not deop some people, both with +bitch and a manual .deop, it just wont deop some people.

now i have no damn clue why its doing thing, ive recompiled many many times, used 2 different shells, all the same results. so is there some possibility that the samode and sajoin could be affecting its internal workings?

and if so, is there a way i can force it to recheck the entire channel list once its opped its self? a tcl command perhaps to check the entire channel list and status of each user? kinda like /names or something in other clients?
]Kami[
Owner

Post by ]Kami[ »

Well, it's possible that bot deops some random user, because server op him...Server isn't in eggdrop user list...You should add this line in your bitch script: if {[onchan $nick $channel] == 0} {return 0}.I had Eggdrop as IRCOP on my network some time, aswell i used /samop command and all worked great....
t
taliesen
Voice

Post by taliesen »

no, it isnt the server opping it, when the samode is used, the return is the same exact line as a regular mode change...

this is a regular mode change in mirc looking at the debug raw commands...

-> irc.newzbin.com MODE #test -ooo TalieseN
<- :TalieseN!hehe@pool-141-151-176-48.pitt.east.verizon.net MODE #test -o TalieseN

this is the samode...

-> irc.newzbin.com SAMODE #test +o taliesen
<- :TalieseN!hehe@pool-141-151-176-48.pitt.east.verizon.net MODE #test +o TalieseN

the only difference is the actuall sent command, but as far as the eggdrop would be concerned, it just set mode +o on its self. which i know works, as the last ircd we used, used normal mode and not samode. and it worked fine.

not positve this is whats causing the screwy ops and bans, but i cant find any other reason it would do this.