This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

help i need help with a bot

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
A
AdrianFT

help i need help with a bot

Post by AdrianFT »

i need help, i have been trying to access a bot an eggdrop 1.6.15 i do /ctcp and it opens the dialog but donst ask for username or password just closes the session....can anyone help me and tell me what might be wrong ? i tried all things possible scept for the right one i guess.
A
AdrianFT

Post by AdrianFT »

this is what i get everytime i try to /ctcp chat to the bot, any ideas on how to solve this?
DCC Chat session
-
Client: Banshee (216.200.172.48)
Time: Fri Jun 11 02:47:34 2004
-
Acknowledging chat request...
DCC Chat connection established
-
DCC session closed
]Kami[
Owner

Post by ]Kami[ »

I had same problem.I bet you are using router or firewall...If you are using firewall. then put it off, or use telnet...
p
puffi
Voice

Post by puffi »

Did you try to

Code: Select all

/ctcp bot chat
to make the bot initiate the dcc-chat. Then you should be able to establish that chat even if you're behind a nat-gateway (assuming you route inside connections to ports 1024-5000 to the internet)
A
AdrianFT

Post by AdrianFT »

im not using a router and the internet provider keeps telling me they dont use a firewall, Windows XP'x firewall is set off and when i try to get internet security checup they tell me my isp is not right i also tried /ctcp yeah and thatw hen it closes me down as soon as it opens.
]Kami[
Owner

Post by ]Kami[ »

Maybe try telnet to your localhost ? It should work 100% ...
A
AdrianFT

Post by AdrianFT »

im not sure how that works, im just a user of the bot not the owner, i had access to the bot for months without any problem, then suddenly it started doing that to me and another user, who just gave up. i talked to the internet provider and they told me my ISP changes constantly so that might be the why. what is strange that if it has been always a changing ISP then how comes i had acces for months and just recently the bot started to react to it .
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Your username may also have changed. The bot owner needs to fix up your hostmask.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
A
AdrianFT

Post by AdrianFT »

ok the problem got fixed, we changed the ports in the bot and mi mirc and that did it, thanx everyone.