This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Script idea?

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
m
maka

Script idea?

Post by maka »

Can anyone tell me what would be required to code a tcl script, which would act like an mIRC Bot that HLSW has. On command through telnet, the eggdrop would open a connection to a counter-strike server which is hosting a match, and send information to a specified IRC channel, with who frags who, and round scores. How would one be able to do this, because I'm thinking about putting on a long project, and this would be it.
s
shanks
Voice

Post by shanks »

can only do those if you have Rcon on the server...
GodOfSuicide
Master

Post by GodOfSuicide »

the most important thing is a) how to get this data from the server and b) if you have to use UDP

the easiest way would be to get some command line tool (i'm sure there are plenty out there) that gets this data from the server and make a fileevent that reacts on each new line, then you parse it and youre done
m
maka

Post by maka »

I have rcon. I would use this only on my own servers. Any tips on where I could get started?