This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop protection

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
s
scorchin
Voice

Eggdrop protection

Post by scorchin »

i was wondering if anyone had any ideas about, or had made a script to protect their eggdrops. it works in a process, where the single eggdrop, can protect any given number of users...

e.g. it would protect the following usernames...
user1
user2
user3
user4

Then if anyone of those users were kicked and/or banned from a single given channel, they wud un-ban that protected user, and kick the offending user. if that user does this x (variable should be able to be changed) number of times, then they will get a 1min ban.

ty, i've been looking around on the net, but no help so far.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Look at eggdrop.conf regarding channel settings ie -/+protectops -/+protectfriends. All settings are well documented.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

There is a tcl protuser.tcl if I remember correctly, by a person named Algol, it basically protects users with a certain user flag of deops, kicks and bans.

Goto the www.egghelp.org/tcl.htm section download, configure and run that script, it would serve the purpose you are looking for.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
==================================