This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

ctcp question

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
droolin
Halfop

ctcp question

Post by droolin »

The first block of code is to issue a ctcp time against a nick. I have received the following debug messages in the channel that makes me think it is:
<SecureServ> Got Version Reply from fsbdvv: mIRC v6.14 Khaled Mardam-Bey
<dasmallone> in if statement checking nick fsbdvv
<dasmallone> have issued time against fsbdvv

Code: Select all

set Check_Nick1   [lindex $text 4]
set Nick_Length [string length $Check_Nick1]
set Check_Nick2 [string trimright $Check_Nick1 :]
putserv "PRIVMSG $chan :in if statement checking nick $Check_Nick2"
putserv "PRIVMSG $Check_Nick2 :\001TIME"
putserv "PRIVMSG $chan :have issued time against $Check_Nick2"
The below is the bind even that I set for the information that is returned, and none of my debug statements are being picked up. So, I am not sure if my problem is in the syntex of the issuing of the CTCP TIME or in my bind?

bind ctcr - TIME  Verify_CTCP_TIME
proc Verify_CTCP_TIME {nick handle dest keyword text} {
global	Gline_Length		
global	Gline_Message
puthelp	"PRIVMSG #DaStats :bla bla $text"
Help would be most appriceated here, I'm trying to cure a bot problem that we have.

droolin
r
rolandguy
Voice

Post by rolandguy »

proc Verify_CTCP_TIME {nick handle dest keyword text} {
should be

proc Verify_CTCP_TIME {nick host handle dest keyword text} {
You should try debuging via a telnet or DCC session, rather than just by writing error messages into your code...if you had been, you should have seen an error about the number of params. At the very least, check your logfile...

roland
droolin
Halfop

telnet secession

Post by droolin »

Im sorry, I should have included in the first posting this. I had a telnet secession open at the same time. Thats how I see I watch for tcl syntex errors.
Crap, I really did not see any incorrect number of parm errors in the telnet secession.
I changed the proc statement with the number of parms you showed, and still am not receiving anything from the telnet secession nor via my channel messages.
If I do a ctcp time against these bots from an irc secession, I do receive time responses. So I know a response is sent.
Now I am beginning to question how I am doing the ctcp time, but from what I have read. That is the proper syntex???

droolin
droolin
Halfop

errr, syntext of prvmsg was wrong but still nothing from bin

Post by droolin »

Ok, doing some search's. I found that the syntex of my privmsg was incorrect, it should have been.

putserv "PRIVMSG $Check_Nick2 :\001TIME\001"
I was missing the ending \001. But, I still do not get anything back in the bind. Watching both channel and telnet. shoot, I changed the debug privmsg to use my nick, because I figured I couldnt type that wrong. Channel name I might have. Again, still no response. Nothing seen in the telnet or log points to syntex error. ????
I am using eggdrop 1.6.15 on freebsd 5.0 if that is any consideration. Sugestions please.

droolin
droolin
Halfop

well, here is a kick in the butt

Post by droolin »

I had another security script being used by this eggie that had some raw and notice binds in it. I removed all of the other scripts from the config file, and rebooted the bot. My ctcp time bind now works.
Could anyone sugest what I could do about this. I would like to keep all my security code that Im building in one bot. And I have been doing seperate scripts for each security problem that we have encountered. Sugestions???

droolin
Papillon
Owner

Post by Papillon »

change the name of one of your procs?
Elen sila lúmenn' omentielvo