This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Cant DCC Chat to bots...

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
o
o2

Cant DCC Chat to bots...

Post by o2 »

My bots wont dcc chat me....I have all their ports seperated out and stuff...anyone know whats up?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Firewalls/routers can cause problems if not setup properly.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Does the owner host match the one in the .user file?

Check to see if your host matches the host in the user file. (It will be the host with which you first time said 'hello' to the bot after you created and loaded it).

If it doesn't match your current host with the host saved in the bots .user file then you should edit and either change your host or the host in the file to be similar then when you DCC the bot it will give a response!

Also check if you have a password set or not on the bot. Check the .user file of the bot. If not:

Code: Select all

/msg <botnick> pass <your-password>
If it says Your password has been set to 'xxxxxxx'. Then it means you have set a password, then DCC the bot after entering the bot. The first thing todo is to type .save to save the user and channel files then do anything after that. :wink:

If it says You already have a password set. Then it means you have some other problems. For example firewall, or blocked ports as Alchera mentioned, which could be the matter as it mostly happens to me as well through LAN! :mrgreen:
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
==================================
j0n
Op

Post by j0n »

uh...

/ctcp bot chat

NAT ip ?
does the IP in the conf correspond with the bot's ip (currently online)
if you still can`t figure it out, /telnet

OR, run a forum search, from the 40K articles, I assume 10K of them are about this issue
o
o2

Post by o2 »

it was the router ports being blocked just what I figured...thanx tho
ayie
Voice

Post by ayie »

i can make my bot dcc me but when i enter password it said i don't have access .....
i dcc chat the bot after set the password ....

and my ident also same with bot.user
Ay|e
Very Idiot Person In This World
http://www.labtek.biz/v2/
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

:o there is nothing discussed here that isn't already thoroughly covered by Using Your Eggdrop - dcc chat & the partyline
Can't there be a way to auto-trout-slap someone for posting a thread with the words 'cant dcc' in them :mrgreen: