This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

2 Parter / Recompiling Eggdrop

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
l
lilGTO
Voice

2 Parter / Recompiling Eggdrop

Post by lilGTO »

Basically 2 questions but both are related. I have been reading and rereading so many of these forum question and answers and it has expanded my knowledge so much.

First Part of question: As I have been tweaking my bot with so many different updates I am becoming concerned (as I read these forum answers) that I might need to recompile my bot. This scares me immensely as I don't want to loose any of the updates I have done already. Can anyone tell me which updates that you perform in the config file requires that the bot be recompiled, (ie. setting the nicklength , etc.).

Second Part from this lamer: What is the proper method to recompile so no loss of data occurs within the config file.

Thanks in advance, love this forum....
lilGTO
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

First Answer: Any modification glitch what so ever of the eggdrop source files, .c, .h files would require a recompile. Changing variables in the .conf file obviously does not require a recompile, you just restart the bot and they will be taken into notice.

Any source code modifications or changes would require you to recompile the bot in order to append and bring the new changes into play. :mrgreen:
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
==================================