This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Energymech + Eggdrop

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
t
thommey

Post by thommey »

Hi, at http://www.energymech.net I read about a script which supports linking between eggdrop and emech (tcl for eggdrop). Did anyone find that script or does anyone got an idea where I can get it from ? I didn't find it ...
d
dvV
Voice

Post by dvV »

does anyone know of this alleged script? if someone could, would it possible to reference a script that could aid me in writing it?

thanks
dvv
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

some energymech weenie wrote:You have to consider that the EnergyMech and the Eggdrop are rivals! The Eggdrop coders are not interested in adding code to link their Eggdrops with the EnergyMech and vice versa.
and besides, energymech is crap :mrgreen: it can't even bring me a beer from the fridge....useless :mrgreen:
d
dvV
Voice

Post by dvV »

i am not interested in having either one accommodate the other. tcl enables eggdrop to do many things it was not intended to do. either way, my intent was not to start a repetitive thread on which was better as i believe they have two totally dif design goals.

dvv
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Energymech's aren't that much customizable and feasable as eggdrops. Eggdrops are very comlpex. However they have certain features which eggdrops lack, like ability to load multiple bots under one background, they eat less cpu and memory and so on...
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
d
dvV
Voice

Post by dvV »

great thanks... original question?
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

I really have no idea about this although. Tclscript.com hosts the largest archive of eggdrop tcls on the web you might want to search there first.
·­awyeah·

Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
d
dvV
Voice

Post by dvV »

ya oh well... after a good 3 days of scouring seems there is no luck. the more i have thought about it a module would be a better idea for such a thing anyway. if anyone is interested, heh, in working on it with me let me me know.

dvv
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

after a fairly exhaustive search, i came to the following conclusions..
1) The phantom tcl referred to in the original post either never truly existed, or has been withdrawn from public release.
2) :mrgreen: I have doubts whether any l33t scripters will go to the trouble... :cry: so so so many of the truly gifted tcl scripters have stopped scripting for the public :evil: codethieves suck ass
3) :mrgreen: good news is, both eggdrop and energymech are coded in C, so in theory a bridge between the two platforms could possibly be built by someone who was fully conversant with C language, eggdrop, tcl, and energymech... or you can teach yourself, if you got a decade to spare :lol:

OR, you could just shitcan your lame energydrinks, and get yourself eggdrops :mrgreen: eggys and beer...don't forget the beer :wink:
d
dvV
Voice

Post by dvV »

right right thanks for all the smilies
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

:wink: