This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

reading regexp from txt files

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
droolin
Halfop

reading regexp from txt files

Post by droolin »

Is there anything special that would needed to be done to read regular expresions from a .txt file into an array?
I have a security bot that basicatly I keep adding regular expresions for specific checks(nicks/idents/version), and I would like to organize it so that it just loops an array of regular expresions for specific checks instead of adding a bunch of if statements that basicatly do the same thing except with a different regular expresion.
Basicatly, the text file would look something like this hopefully:

Code: Select all

{[A-Z][a-z]+_[0-9][0-9]} Your chat client meets the criteria of a known spam bot.  Please change your nick if this is not the case.
Frist part would be the regular expression with the second part being the gline/ban reason. Ok, two arrays but still. Would there be anything special as far as reading that from a file into an array?

droolin
user

Re: reading regexp from txt files

Post by user »

droolin wrote:Is there anything special that would needed to be done to read regular expresions from a .txt file into an array?
No.
Have you ever read "The Manual"?