This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Writing tcl faq script

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
l
lilGTO
Voice

Writing tcl faq script

Post by lilGTO »

My first writing of a tcl script was a success and works great, thanks for the help from all of you.

Now. I want to try something more challenging. I want to write a script that no matter what they put in will point to the faq page in our website address, such as !explain register a nick, or !explain what is a bot, amongst other inquires that the tcl will show them the website faq address.

I guess what I am asking is how do I statck multiple questions that will still give only the one result, being the faq page of our website.

thanks
lilgto
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

I would suggest, making a text file database. Convert your html faq page into a txt file used as your database and upload it in your eggdrop or scripts dir.

Then make your script read, search, match keywords from that database file in your eggdrop dir. After the match you can go ahead and display the results. This is far more easier and better. :mrgreen:

If you want to be very simple and specific, bind to matching keywords, in the matching text after the trigger and fire the procs you want to use for those matched keywords in the triggers.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
==================================