This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop problem...help

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
k
kodikas

Eggdrop problem...help

Post by kodikas »

Ok i was using eggdrop for 1 year and i never saw something like this
12:51p (Pandora) [12:57] joined #danger but didn't want to!
12:51p (Pandora) [12:57] Oops. Someone made me join #danger... leaving...
this message i see in party line.I am only owner, there is no users in my bot list.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

some IRC servers have the ability to arbitrarily "forcejoin" clients on channels without client's consent

your experience may be related to that

or you may be running an ill-behaved/lame script which dumps JOIN to the server directly, bypassing eggdrop's channel module commands
Narf
Voice

Post by Narf »

I've seen it once when my egg was banned from a channel and was still trying to join. I removed the channel from the bot, but it joined saying that "Oops ...".
Limp Bizkit rulez
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

Narf wrote:I've seen it once when my egg was banned from a channel and was still trying to join. I removed the channel from the bot, but it joined saying that "Oops ...".
lag is the most probable reason for that
stere0
Halfop

same problem(?!)

Post by stere0 »

i have the same problem(?!), my channel have special characters and now a update in the ircd unrecognize them, so the ircadmin includes a routine to automatic forward the users to a channel without the special character. My bot shows the same message, is there a way to the bot don´t leave the channel after forward??
[]s
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

ask your ircadmin

from server's point of view, your eggdrop is a client like everybody else, bot or not
stere0
Halfop

Post by stere0 »

i asked and the answer is yes, they are forwarding.

my question is, is there a way to control this in the eggdrop? how can i disable this to bot don´t leave.
[]s
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

if the server forces clients to join/leave channels (or, as you call it, "forwarding"), you (or your bot, for that matter) cannot do anything, you are at your ircadmin's mercy

check out your server's docs and FAQs, there might be an option to disable this, usermode or something
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

All users connecting to a network that has 'forcejoin' enabled cannot evade it but they can leave the channel once connected usually. In my opinion it's an insipid option included in some IRCD's and really should be removed. I do not believe users should, under any circumstances, be forced to join channels they have no desire to.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM