This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

botservice module

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
O
Ofloo
Owner

botservice module

Post by Ofloo »

botservice module does it still exist or something not botnetop module i read somewhere about it any one know where i can get it ? ?
l
lordares
Voice

Post by lordares »

What exactly does this module do? I could write it, if I knew what it did ;)
O
Ofloo
Owner

Post by Ofloo »

it is supposed to create other bots out of one
like for instance you would like to lenth out a bot .. , you could give him a bot with botservice and have em both run in one process on a shell or something like that if i remember write ..

sorry for late answer ive lost track of the topic and just got back from holidays ;)
XplaiN but think of me as stupid
T
TLM
Voice

Post by TLM »

http://mars.age.psu.edu/eggdrop2/mod-botservice.html
Looks like what your talking about is being deved in eggdrop 2 (BTW is there any offical word on eggdrop 2?)
K
KevKev
Halfop

Post by KevKev »

Eggdrop 2 was abandoned in the late 90s in favor of extending the current eggdrop trees.
O
Ofloo
Owner

Post by Ofloo »

indeed that is where i found out about this .. mod and i tought it was verry nice idea
XplaiN but think of me as stupid
h
haleEddie

Post by haleEddie »

[img]C:\Documents and Settings\Justin.THECRATE\Desktop\Runonce.bmp[/img]
:( :-? What is this; it came up on my Runonce, I have also been having problems with .tcl, it is at 4444 now, plz help me, and plz forgive me if I posted in the wrong place[/img]
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

haleEddie wrote:What is this; it came up on my Runonce
*Edited*
Care to expand a little? A description would be nice if it's an eggdrop related problem. Your reference to "runonce" indicates it's Windows related.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
F
FIGHTCLUB
Voice

BOT SERVER

Post by FIGHTCLUB »

WHAT BOTSERVICE DO YOU WANT? IS IT IN UNDERNET BOTSERVICE? COZ IF IT IS.. I HAVE ALL THE SCRIPT U WANT...
m
metroid
Owner

Post by metroid »

caps spam is baaaaaaaaaad, and why on earth are you bringing up such an old topic
KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

KevKev wrote:Eggdrop 2 was abandoned in the late 90s in favor of extending the current eggdrop trees.
That one which is written in C++ was abandoned, but there will be Eggdrop 2.0 someday (when 1.9 will became stable :)).
Que?
m
metroid
Owner

Post by metroid »

thats what he said basically :P

But yes, we can expect a 2.0 perhaps in 2 years or something? :)
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

"botservice" implies a multiserver bot (bot that can spawn several bots, each with its own config/userfile/scripts, possibly on multiple servers) - something that would be very cool, but requires significant rewriting of eggdrop; my bet is nobody's going to implement that, at least not in the near future

besides, shell providers would be really pissed off since everyone would be able to run multiple bots within a single process - and they usually charge by number of processes
KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

MeTroiD wrote:thats what he said basically :P

But yes, we can expect a 2.0 perhaps in 2 years or something? :)
Yes, maybe even later. Current versions doesn't contain anything named as botservice module.
Que?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

BotServ is used on some networks that use services such as Anope, Auspice & Epona. IRCOps with the proper flags simply do the following to create a bot for a user:

Code: Select all

/msg botserv bot add <botnick> <botident> <bothost> <botname>
and a user sends a message to BotServ to assign a bot to their channel (with predefined settings); an eggdrop version of this would be equivelant to a mIRC scripters ability to create a "socket" bot from one instance of mIRC which, from memory, does not create an extra process. As far as I am aware, only one "socket" bot can be created for each instance of mIRC anyway.

Personally, I think adding that kind of ability to eggdrop would be crazy.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM