This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

flood protection

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
O
Ovdis
Voice

flood protection

Post by Ovdis »

i've a little problem. i've realised that my bot kicks "flooders" too often. so where could i adjust flood protection settings to my bot. eg: it should kick persons only who wrote 4 strings in 5 seconds.

hope u understand what i mean

thanks
keep it real
k
kk-
Voice

Post by kk- »

Ovdis
check in your bots config file look for CHANNELS MODULE you will find the settings in there just re set them to what u want save file then restart bot..
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

kk- wrote:Ovdis
check in your bots config file look for CHANNELS MODULE you will find the settings in there just re set them to what u want save file then restart bot..
Make sure that you set the GLOBAL flood protection variable in the config
All this will do is set your new channels that you add to the new flood protection setting.

When you restart the bot tho your dynamic channels wont change the flood protection you will have to do that manually from Dcc Console.

Code: Select all

.chanset * flood-chan 20:20
that will set the flood limit on every channel to 20 lines in 20 seconds. adjust the flood limit to suit. :wink:
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born