This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Disabling all default features

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

egghead wrote:
demond wrote: I gave that guy exact answers and/or solutions to the three problems stated by him above, read my posts (BTW, those particular demands, however weird they might be, won't be fulfilled by unbinding built-in bindings, as per egghead's suggestion)
Your suggestion is to make RAW bindings and then process it. That is about one of the the last things you should do if you want to "disable all default event responses" which was the topic of this thread.

For your information, the request for disabling eggdrop's default responses is not that "weird".
the guy wanted to disable massdeop protection - maybe you can point out another solution for that, besides intercepting raw mode and process it your own way? in the context of what you were saying, patches don't count

edited: okay, setting flood-deop to 0 should do the job (untested)
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

On some servers you dont need mass deop protection. On my own IRCd i have no need for this function as my eggdrops cannot be deoped as the server wont allow them to be. Also some IRCd's running services such as chanserv also wont allow massdeops if setup correctly. The mass deop feature is only really usefull on on the big networks such as IRCNet and EFNet which dont support services.

From what i have seen in my years on the net more and more people are turning to smaller networks and abandoning the major ones for these protections offered by services. and depreciating a lot of eggdrops built in protections.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

so if you were a farmer, you'd take the bumpers off your pickup truck just because you live in the middle of nowhere, not likely to bump into anything?

eggdrop's massdeop protection would be a nuisance to you only if you run a channel where everyone is an op and most people run lame scripts or have fun massdeoping others

the ircd itself and channel services are irrelevant, eggdrop doesn't interfere with those
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

demond wrote:so if you were a farmer, you'd take the bumpers off your pickup truck just because you live in the middle of nowhere, not likely to bump into anything?

eggdrop's massdeop protection would be a nuisance to you only if you run a channel where everyone is an op and most people run lame scripts or have fun massdeoping others

the ircd itself and channel services are irrelevant, eggdrop doesn't interfere with those
Whats this all aboot? Maybe he does have a lot of ops and massdeops occur frequently becuase its Fun todo so. What fun would cow tipping be withoot bumpers?? IRC is all about having fun something which you seem to know little aboot. :wink:
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

everyone has their own idea of having fun on IRC, and mine definitely is not about a bunch of lamers deoping each other
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

^DooM^ wrote:Whats this all aboot? Maybe he does have a lot of ops and massdeops occur frequently becuase its Fun todo so. What fun would cow tipping be withoot bumpers?? IRC is all about having fun something which you seem to know little aboot. :wink:
In my opinion the above is uncalled for (the insinuated slur of a persons country of origin)! I could sit here all day and have an absolute field day on the misuse of the English language but I don't because the whole purpose of these forums is to help, not to poke fun at people because of where they come from.
demond wrote:everyone has their own idea of having fun on IRC, and mine definitely is not about a bunch of lamers deoping each other
I have to agree with demond. Eggdrop's main function is channel/user protection. It's highly configurable via the configuration settings and can all be disabled.

Exlax has his/her reasons for wanting to disable some features of eggdrop in their own way and one has to respect that no matter how "weird" it may appear.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

You are right Alchera it was uncalled for and i appologise for that. Peoples opinions on this forum should be respected and not dismissed as stupidity tho that is what got my back up in this perticular case. :roll:
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

^DooM^ wrote:Peoples opinions on this forum should be respected and not dismissed as stupidity tho ...
I couldn't agree more. :D
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM