This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Connectiong to bot now that I'm behind a hub with firewall

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
DrTongue
Op

Connectiong to bot now that I'm behind a hub with firewall

Post by DrTongue »

I was just using a single computer before and always connected to my bot via /DCC <botnick> CHAT. Now I have been networked to 3 other computers and am behind a hub that has a built in firewall and I can no longer connect to the partyline they way I used to. I have to connect via /ctcp <botnick> chat. This seems to be a slower connection and 'times out' or disconnects very often. After connecting this new way I try to connect the OLD way and while ON the partyline I see this:

[20:09] -DaWkTeR_T (~Doc@DrTongue.users.undernet.org)- DCC Chat (***.***.*.***)
[20:09] <HaVoKrEkR> [20:09] ALERT: (DaWkTeR_T!~Doc@DrTongue.users.undernet.org) sent a DCC request with bogus IP information of ***.***.*.*** port ****. ~Doc@DrTongue.users.undernet.org does not resolve to ***.***.*.***!

Is there anything that can be done to re-connect they way I used to?
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

You need to setup your dcc options in mirc if that is the client you are using. Setup 10 ports say 10010 - 10020 for instance and also forward those same ports in your router/hub to your pc's internal network IP. That way when you dcc chat a bot when the reply comes your router/hub knows where to send the packets.

Depending on the router some manufacturers call 'port forwarding' 'virtual server'

Hope this helps. :wink:
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

try to "set protect-telnet 0" in the config file.
however, basically you will get the same connection at the end, because the only diffrenze is the side that has initialized it. if you are experience any timeouts it more likely a general internet connection issue. The only option i could think of in which case it could be more usefull for your bot to initialize the connecion would be, if any of yours or the bots ISP throttles spezified port (ranges).
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...