This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Floodbots :(

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
T
Tigerclaw

Floodbots :(

Post by Tigerclaw »

Hello,
sometimes my channel was run over by Floodbots. so im looking 4 a Script that kick them and/or set mode +mr

thx 4 help
Tigerclaw
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

sentinel.tcl by slennox
T
Tigerclaw

Post by Tigerclaw »

if this script worke in Quakenet????
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Tigerclaw wrote:if this script worke in Quakenet????
It should work on any network as long as it sticks to the RFC 1459.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

why it wouldn't?
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

^DooM^ wrote:
there's no network that complies fully to that (except maybe IRCnet)
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Yes i realise that. What i meant was as long as the network wasnt heavily modified.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Well sentinel should work on the major 5 big IRC networks no doubt. Depends upon which ircd, but mainly common ones such as bahamut, unreal are generally supported.

If you use the correct settings it is an effective script to eliminate floods first by locking the channel and then removing the flooders. However I've seen my bot on larger channels just seem to lagg alot after this happens, so hence I removed it and came up with my own version, being faster and not that much complicated. :)
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
O
Ofloo
Owner

Post by Ofloo »

demond wrote:
^DooM^ wrote:
there's no network that complies fully to that (except maybe IRCnet)
isn't hybrid RFC 1459 ?? i tought most irc was.. besides the /raw stats part maybe .. not sur about that.. but besides that i just looked over it and i can't say it isn't that.., that rfc pretty mutch describes join, part, mode,.. (commen client irc rfc) and sutch which applys for most known ircs, at least thats what i i thought
XplaiN but think of me as stupid
B
Bingooss
Voice

Post by Bingooss »

So Awyeah When you are going to release your Flood protection script so that other can also benefit from it..

No Doubt Your Scripts and User Interface are Best...
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Test2 of the new sentinel.tcl is available here and you can view slennox' information in his post.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Bingooss wrote:So Awyeah When you are going to release your Flood protection script so that other can also benefit from it..

No Doubt Your Scripts and User Interface are Best...
Don't really have time now adays with it. It's still under test on my bot since a few months. I would say it is less complicated than sentinel, a bit faster and wouldn't make your bot slow. Sentinel I've seen the older version, before this test release really used to slow down my bot when fast botnets used to join, so I've removed it from my bot.

As we know sentinel focuses on all types of floods, my script is only for mass join botnets (also for parting ones), which come in fast, have similar ips or so, and for join/part revolving door floods. If we stop the bots to join, lock the chan and kick/ban them, they wouldn't be able to flood in the first place. So it's one step ahead.
·­awyeah·

Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.