This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

eggdrop+user

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
e
elmono
Voice

eggdrop+user

Post by elmono »

how do I set one user to have the best power over the bot, like the owner ?
avilon
Halfop

Post by avilon »

awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Does 'best' mean the highest power?

1) Well, the highest power would be the 'n' flag in the bot users file.

'n' denotes an owner (highest)
'm' denotes a master (2nd highest)
'v' denotes an autovoice (some low rank)
going towards lower access flags

2) Another would be this in the .conf file of the bot:
# Un-comment the next line and set the list of owners of the bot.
# You NEED to change this setting.
set owner "awyeah"
This would be basically greater than 'n' also as this is the permanent owner, since generally one person can have this (which would ofcourse be yours if it is your bot). But you can give 'n' flags to other users as well, so in my case this would be the highest.

Although I am not sure about the access differences these both have, generally the same if I might say as distinguishing between them is difficult because generally to one extent they are almost the same. There is no clear explanation of what difference acceses the 'n' flag and $owner variable hold yet in detail.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
==================================
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

As far as i am aware Owner and +n are the same. The only difference that i know of is you cannot remove the Owner from the userlist thus protecting you from any rogue owners set on the bot removing your access to it (not that you should be giving people you dont trust owner status in the first place tho ) ;)
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

There's two "Owners", the one denoted in the conf is a "permanent" owner and cannot be removed by any users. Only the permanent owner can remove a "non-permanent" owner (one being added via the command console by the permanent owner); both have the +n global flag.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
K
KevKev
Halfop

Post by KevKev »

Also some scripts (and internal commands) have begun to use Perm Owner as a permission level in and of itself. examples are .set and .tcl
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

awyeah wrote:[snip]
This would be basically greater than 'n' also as this is the permanent owner, since generally one person can have this (which would ofcourse be yours if it is your bot).[snip]
You can add more than 1 owner in the conf file separated by commas; set owner "owner, owner2".