This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

bot authentication

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
c
coolio2004
Halfop

bot authentication

Post by coolio2004 »

just having a problem with my bot. i put it on 1 server and thats all fine, it can see me as the master and i can /chat <bot> thats all good. But when i make the bot join another totally diffferent server, it doesnt see me as the master, any ideas why?? it doesnt let me /chat <bot> or nothing.
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Is that another server, meaning another network? or another server on the same network from where it recognizes you?
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
c
coolio2004
Halfop

Post by coolio2004 »

another network completely.
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

If you nick is set as owner in the .conf file, under the variable $owner, and you have a 'n' flag with the bot, I don't think if you would type in DCC:

.jump another.server.domain.com:port

It should work and accept you as a owner. If on connect it wouldn't recognize you? then. Access has nothing todo with servers, however if that network uses another ircd, you would want to change the net-type in the .conf file before proceeding to jump to another network as different ircd's have different settings. But if even the ircd's are same I say it should definately work!
·­awyeah·

Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
c
coolio2004
Halfop

Post by coolio2004 »

Yeah i've tried it but doesnt seem to be working. I've tried adding a new hostmask aswell on the server where it works for the server where im connecting to where it doesnt, but that didnt seem to help.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Does the other network have the user mode -/+x? If so, set your mode -x i.e. /mode <nick> -x
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Alchera wrote:Does the other network have the user mode -/+x? If so, set your mode -x i.e. /mode <nick> -x
Also have you set the correct net-type in your config for the new server?

is it just me or is this problem occuring a lot on ver 1.6.17?
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
c
coolio2004
Halfop

Post by coolio2004 »

what do you mean by net-type?
c
coolio2004
Halfop

Post by coolio2004 »

# What is your network?
# 0 = EFnet
# 1 = IRCnet
# 2 = Undernet
# 3 = DALnet
# 4 = +e/+I/max-modes 20 Hybrid
# 5 = Others
set net-type 0

well thats what i have. Where my bot working fine is Starlink, where it's not is Austnet.
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

coolio2004 wrote:# What is your network?
# 0 = EFnet
# 1 = IRCnet
# 2 = Undernet
# 3 = DALnet
# 4 = +e/+I/max-modes 20 Hybrid
# 5 = Others
set net-type 0

well thats what i have. Where my bot working fine is Starlink, where it's not is Austnet.
Starlink most likley uses the same IRCd as Efnet or has the same features, which is why your bot works fine on starlink. Austnet may use a completely different type of IRCd.

IF you READ your config file properly you would of realised that your bot wasnt on Efnet so why is it set on net-type 0?

net-type 5 is a user configured setting for networks not listed and you should setup all the net-type 5 settings in the config..

RTFM, the key to life :wink:
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

^DooM^ wrote: is it just me or is this problem occuring a lot on ver 1.6.17?
Nope, have another guess. LOL

Austnet uses user mode +/-x
^DooM^ wrote:Also have you set the correct net-type in your config for the new server?
coolio2004 wrote:what do you mean by net-type?
It appears you have not done any reading prior to posting a query.

Anyway, from memory, setting net-type 3 should work well for Austnet .
Search | FAQ | RTM
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Alchera wrote:
^DooM^ wrote: is it just me or is this problem occuring a lot on ver 1.6.17?
Nope, have another guess. LOL
Ahh if its not a problem with the bots it must be that faithful and timeless bug that never seems to go away, You know, the one between the keyboard and the chair :wink:
c
coolio2004
Halfop

Post by coolio2004 »

just a quick question .......if i wanna run two bots on the same pc .....is it as simple as just having two seperate eggdrop installations? or no?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

It's as simple as using two separate configuration files (botnick1.conf & botnick2.conf) from the same eggdrop/Windrop folder. They also may share the same TCL scripts (so no doubling up). :)
Search | FAQ | RTM
c
coolio2004
Halfop

Post by coolio2004 »

thanks buddy