This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

DCC Problem (Network unreachable)

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
B
BigSjedow
Voice

DCC Problem (Network unreachable)

Post by BigSjedow »

Hey all,

I have a problem with dcc to my bot.

Never had any problems with connecting to my bot via dcc, but since tonight i have a problem with dcc.

Ctcp and telnet work fine.

when i'n connecten via ctcp of telnet and i try to connect via dcc i see this message (where xxxxxxxx is my hostmask):

[22:45:18] <Horus> [22:45] -BigSjedow (BigSjedow@xxxxxxxx)- DCC Chat (255.255.255.255)
[22:45:18] <Horus> [22:45] DCC connection failed: CHAT (BigSjedow!BigSjedow@xxxxxxxx)
[22:45:18] <Horus> [22:45] (Network unreachable)
[22:45:18] <Horus> [22:45] CTCP DCC: CHAT chat 4294967295 20093 from BigSjedow (BigSjedow@xxxxxxxx)

Hope someone can help me :)

Grz..

BigSjedow
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Looks like a NAT problem have you added a router to your setup or added dcc portranges to your eggdrop's config?
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
B
BigSjedow
Voice

Post by BigSjedow »

no, nothing has changed.

maybe the host where the bot is located has changed something..
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

It is very possible.

All i can really suggest to you is just use /ctcp botnick chat thats all i ever personally use with no problems.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
B
BigSjedow
Voice

Post by BigSjedow »

filled in set my-hostname and set my-ip (first i only had hostname).

Now i don't get the (Network unreachable).
only the other 3 lines. :s
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

what is your network, what do you have for set net-type? Make sure you have proper hostmasks listed on the bot, and are being recognized in a channel. Do you have the hostmask -telnet*!*@*?
:?
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

YooHoo wrote:what is your network, what do you have for set net-type? Make sure you have proper hostmasks listed on the bot, and are being recognized in a channel. Do you have the hostmask -telnet*!*@*?
:?
He said he has no problems getting on the bot with telnet or /ctcp botnick chat only with /dcc chat
B
BigSjedow
Voice

Post by BigSjedow »

Hmmmz looks like the problem is my laptop. Not the bot.. On my pc it's workin just fine :s

thx for the help anyway :)