This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

+e Mode For Austnet poss bug...

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
Aparition
Voice

+e Mode For Austnet poss bug...

Post by Aparition »

On Austnet +e represents event mode,
its only use is to prevent users from changing nickname so as to not
interupt a channel being used for meetings or the like.

Example:
#Eggdrop Sorry, cannot change nickname while in event channel

In eggdrop 1.6.17 whenever a bot is first started and connects to Austnet
and is opped on joining the channel,
it immediately sets +e for no known reason.
Have tried setting modes and other channel options non of which work.
Anyone with any ideas short of scripting a -e mode tcl to counter act it,
we would love to hear from you or others from Austnet with similar
issues regarding mode +e. All help gleefully accepted :lol: Cheers
Andy
Admin - www.myeggdrop.com
Senior Admin - #Eggdrop on Austnet
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

+e On an eggdrop stands for exempt. It's an old ircnet amongst others, traight basically the bot would set +e *!*ident@host in a channel it joined and got ops in to protect its owner from being banned. I am guessing that this is why when your bot joins it is setting mode +e. type .exempts (I think thats the command) in dcc to get a list of exempts currently set and remove them.

hope this helps
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

What you can do is bind mode, with tcl and check if [isbotnick $nick] also check if [string equal "+e" $mode] then go ahead and unset it via putserv, putquick whatever. (putquick "MODE $botnick -e")

Also probobaly you can add a condition to check if ($target == "") since we have no target and also if [string equal -nocase $chan $botnick].

But remember, if your ircd set's it back again then the bot will do a continuous mode flood, of the script removing the -e more and the ircd placing it back on again +e.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

awyeah wrote:What you can do is bind mode, with tcl and check if [isbotnick $nick] also check if [string equal "+e" $mode] then go ahead and unset it via putserv, putquick whatever. (putquick "MODE $botnick -e")

Also probobaly you can add a condition to check if ($target == "") since we have no target and also if [string equal -nocase $chan $botnick].

But remember, if your ircd set's it back again then the bot will do a continuous mode flood, of the script removing the -e more and the ircd placing it back on again +e.
Surley it would be better to find the cause of the mode setting in the first place rather than trying to fix it after the fact?
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Anyone with any ideas short of scripting a -e mode tcl to counter act it,
we would love to hear from you or others from Austnet with similar
issues regarding mode +e. All help gleefully accepted Laughing Cheers!
I don't know he just asked for it. The ircd is weird the one on austnet +e everywhere on almost all ircd's I know is for exempt, so the bot has +e for exempt as well, but on their network its to prevent from users changing their nicknames.

Can also be an ircd problem. In this case I think the eggdrops source code would need to be modified to correct this problem, if so. Because even if you .chanset <channel> +tn-e that won't effect anything as the bot is changing its mode not the channel.

As far as I know there is no usermode changing availiable for the botnick itself through the partyline, but you can script your way around it. Its like most ircds put +i (invisible) on connect, well this is a quite similar case.
·­awyeah·

Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
user
&nbsp;

Post by user »

eggdrop does 'MODE #chan +e' when joining a channel to get the exempt list. Change your net-type or set use-exempts to 0.
awyeah wrote:blablabla
What are you talking about?
Have you ever read "The Manual"?
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

user wrote:eggdrop does 'MODE #chan +e' when joining a channel to get the exempt list. Change your net-type or set use-exempts to 0.
I also have bots on austnet, using net-type 5, and use-exempts 0....and my eggdrops set this same lame mode, no nick-change or quit-msgs... :roll: