This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Autoop on trigger - Request

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
S
Schiz0
Voice

Autoop on trigger - Request

Post by Schiz0 »

hey,

I'm looking for a script for a eggdrop bot (v1.6.17) that does the following when a public trigger(!opper <nick>) is called:
-Give mode +o to the nick specified
-If no nick is specified, then give mode +o the person who called the trigger

Some Features/details:
-Only allow a certain list of nicks to be able to use the trigger
-Have a 'Blacklist' of nicks that cannot be opped

If anyone needs to contact me, email me at: Schiz0phrenic@gmail.com
or via IRC on server irc.beyondirc.net channel: #DOORS

I also have 50 gmail invites that don't seem to be going away, no matter how many i use, so if anyone wants one, contact me.
Thank you, it is greatly appreciated
~Schiz0
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

First of all this is not a script making service. If you cant be arsed to learn yourself we cant be arsed to help you.

Secondly there are plenty of scripts in the archive that will do the things you requested if you bothered to look.

And lastly Gmail only ever give a maximum of 6 invites out at any one time.

Next time i suggest you read the rules before signing up and posting a request eh..... :evil:
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
S
Schiz0
Voice

Post by Schiz0 »

ok.
The only TCL i know is from what i taught myself, which is from a bunch of xchat and eggdrop scripts, and have written some extremely basic ones myself, but i don't know how to do this, i have tried a few times and it ended up not doing what it was supposed to do. I am sorry if this is the wrong forum, might i request a topic for requests?
Secondly, i did search the archive and didn't find anything, if you, or anyone else could point me to a catergory that has these, i would appreciate it.
Thirdly, 50 does not equal 6.
It says 50 invites. i have sent a few out, and it still says 50.
And yes, i read the rules for everything i sign up for. i have been screwed over in the past because i lacked to read the rules.
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

If you read the rules you would not of posted the request.

Heres one start with that one and modify it. or try this one or maybe this one or how about this?

Maybe try searching a little harder before giving up?
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Here is one I can code just in 5 mins so give it a try:

Code: Select all

#Set the channels for this script to work on
set op_chans "#chan1 #chan2 #chan3"

#Set the flag of the users who can use the !opper command
set op_flag "n"

#Set the blacklisted nicks which cannot be opped.
set blacklisted_nicks {
"nick1"
"nick2"
"nick3"
}

bind pub $op_flag "!opper" auto:op

proc auto:op {nick uhost hand chan text} {
 global op_chans op_flag blacklisted_nicks
  if {([lsearch -exact [string tolower $op_chans] [string tolower $chan]] == -1) || (![botisop $chan])} { return 0 }
  if {([lindex $text 0] == "")} {
   putserv "PRIVMSG $chan :\002ERROR:\002 No nick specified to op! Going ahead and opping $nick on $chan."
   putserv "MODE $chan +o $nick"
   return 0
   }
  if {([lindex $text 0] != "") && ([onchan [lindex $text 0] $chan]) && ([lsearch -exact [string tolower $blacklisted_nicks] [string tolower [lindex $text 0]]] != -1)} {
   putserv "PRIVMSG $chan :\002ERROR:\002 Unable to op the blacklisted nick: [lindex $text 0] on $chan."
   return 0
  }
  if {([lindex $text 0] != "") && ([onchan [lindex $text 0] $chan]) && ([lsearch -exact [string tolower $blacklisted_nicks] [string tolower [lindex $text 0]]] == -1)} {
   putserv "PRIVMSG $chan :Opping $nick on $chan."
   putserv "MODE $chan +o [lindex $text 0]"
   return 0
   }
 return 0
}
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
J
Joshua
Voice

Post by Joshua »

awyeah wrote:Here is one I can code just in 5 mins so give it a try:

#Set the flag of the users who can use the !opper command
set op_flag "n"

set blacklisted_nicks {
"nick1"
"nick2"
"nick3"
}

bind pub $op_flag "!opper" auto:op

global op_chans op_flag blacklisted_nicks
  if {([lsearch -exact [string tolower $op_chans] [string tolower $chan]] == -1) || (![botisop $chan])} { return 0 }
   putserv "PRIVMSG $chan :\002ERROR:\002 No nick specified to op! Going ahead and opping $nick on $chan."
   return 0
   }
  if {([lindex $text 0] != "") && ([onchan [lindex $text 0] $chan]) && ([lsearch -exact [string tolower $blacklisted_nicks] [string tolower [lindex $text 0]]] != -1)} {
   putserv "PRIVMSG $chan :\002ERROR:\002 Unable to op the blacklisted nick: [lindex $text 0] on $chan."
   return 0
  }
  if {([lindex $text 0] != "") && ([onchan [lindex $text 0] $chan]) && ([lsearch -exact [string tolower $blacklisted_nicks] [string tolower [lindex $text 0]]] == -1)} {
   return 0
   }
 return 0
}
That works so damn good. But is there something that I can put in there to reply to a non "n" user/non-blacklisted user. I.E. "\002You are not authorized to use this command.\002

Any help would be appriciated.
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Basically we have binded for users with "n", so a normal user cannot trigger the bind. But we can add a new bind or modify the existing code to work on it.

I modified the existing one, here give it a go. It will only work for users who have a global|channel 'n' flag. Others will get an access denied message.

set blacklisted_nicks {
"nick1"
"nick2"
"nick3"
}

bind pub - "!opper" auto:op

global op_chans blacklisted_nicks
  if {(![matchattr $hand n|n $chan])} { putserv "PRIVMSG $nick :\002You are not authorized to use this command.\002"; return 0 }
   return 0
   }
   return 0
  }
   return 0
   }
 return 0
}
·­awyeah·

Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
J
Joshua
Voice

Post by Joshua »

awyeah wrote:Basically we have binded for users with "n", so a normal user cannot trigger the bind. But we can add a new bind or modify the existing code to work on it.

I modified the existing one, here give it a go. It will only work for users who have a global|channel 'n' flag. Others will get an access denied message.
Thank you so much. I would be lieing if I didnt say I admire your talent with tcl. Anyway... thanks again. :-)

Joshua