This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

eggdrop on text bot?

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
J
Jenni
Voice

eggdrop on text bot?

Post by Jenni »

Hey im looking to turn my !cmds script into a eggdrop bot. I'm getting a laptop in 2 weeks and wont be online 24/7 to run the script. I have a hosting place but dont really know where to start with the whole eggdrop bot thing... anyone care to help, or can direct me in the right direction?
Sincerely,

De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

if you bother to read the manual, many of us will help you. if not... you might get a hard time to find help ;). a good start is the TCL FAQ and the TCL-Commands.doc. you will need "bind pub" for your !cmds bindings in tcl and putserv/puthelp to send feedbacks in RAW mode to the server.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
J
Jenni
Voice

Post by Jenni »

Im actually reading thru some now breifly. any idea which one i should download and play with?
Sincerely,

De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

depends on what kind of scripts you want to convert ^-^. In any case visiting the TCL archive to see if there is already a script that satisfies your needs is never a bad idea. If scripts look similar to what you want you might give it a try to change them to do what you want. If you understand basic condition, string, loop, list and variable expressions, you should be able to change most scripts behavior to your favor.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
J
Jenni
Voice

Post by Jenni »

im fairly sure i can figure out the programming i downloaded the latest version of the eggdrop bot, however im not sure how to view the scripts, do you need to open them in a special program?
Sincerely,

g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

they are normal text files, so notepad/wordpad will do.
J
Jenni
Voice

Post by Jenni »

i tried notepad but it opens entirely scrunched up, is that how it's sopoed to look?
Sincerely,

g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

thats caused by *nix linebreaks, just use wordpad instead.
J
Jenni
Voice

Post by Jenni »

:) tried that, looks rather interesting, i'll havta pull up a walkthru config for it though cause honestly i am completly confused, the programming makes sense to an extent, i've done 3 years of Vb and mIRC for one.
Sincerely,

^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

If you have done 3 years of vb and mirc scripting how come you didn't know how to open a script with notepad or what alternate program to use when it was screwed up? just seems odd to me. Go here if you want a good guide into tcl scripting. Click Me
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

^DooM^ wrote:If you have done 3 years of vb and mirc scripting how come you didn't know how to open a script with notepad or what alternate program to use when it was screwed up? just seems odd to me. Go here if you want a good guide into tcl scripting. Click Me
no, it's not odd

VB and mIRC scripting are Windows-based, and working solely on Windows, you are not aware that Notepad treats LF differently than CR+LF, whereas Wordpad treats it uniformly, since all your plain text documents have CR+LF linebreaks
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

I guess. Just seems strange to me that someone that has worked in a programming environment for 3 years wouldnt know about notepad/wordpad is all :roll:
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Basically, c, c++, perl, php, html, assembly, whatever language, like now tcl etc, can be written/edited in plain text editing software. Depends upon the editor and its formatting if you're using Windows. There are some good ones out there, mostly I select UNIX format with my tcls and c files if I am uploading them on a shell.

So use a good editor, I currently use MED Text Editor it has options in which format for OS you would want to save the file. Basically if you save it in UNIX , Windows will definately open, but not true always vice versa.

* First used to use, wordpad myself.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
==================================