This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Website and forum-related announcements and discussion, and anything else that doesn't fit in the above forums.
dotslasher
Halfop

Post by dotslasher »

i'm getting the following when i tried to upload an avatar:

EDIT by slennox: deleted server errors--thanks for the report.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

sounds like the old known problem that the avatar upload folder is read only :D, I am sure slennex will have it fixed soon :).
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

I'm also having problems searching for posts made by myself, username gb. it always return no hits at all.
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

Fixed the avatar thing. It was working when I tested it after setting up the forum, but subsequent things I did stuffed it up.

gb, there was an issue like that quite a while back that went away after a forum reinstall. However, this one seems different--searching with other usernames works fine. It seems to have to do with the length of your username--visit the memberlist and try it on other two-character usernames. Did it work in the past? I noticed one of the updates in the most recent release of phpBB had to do with making searches less server-intensive, and perhaps ignoring very short strings was part of it.

EDIT: Yep. I tried some two-character usernames in the memberlist in phpBB's own forum, and no results when searching for posts. So it's not my fault :)
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

2.0.14 Changelog wrote:Hardened author and keyword search a bit to not allow very server intensive searches
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...