This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

TCL problems

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
k
kali
Voice

TCL problems

Post by kali »

Tcl cannot be found on this system.

Eggdrop requires Tcl to compile. If you already have Tcl installed on
this system, and I just wasn't looking in the right place for it, re-run
./configure using the --with-tcllib='/path/to/libtcl.so' and
--with-tclinc='/path/to/tcl.h' options.

See doc/COMPILE-GUIDE's 'Tcl Detection and Installation' section for more
information

Am getting that when i make ./configure already i ve installed tcl in ot my server
^DooM^
Owner

Re: TCL problems

Post by ^DooM^ »

kali wrote:See doc/COMPILE-GUIDE's 'Tcl Detection and Installation' section for more information
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
k
kali
Voice

path

Post by kali »

my tcl is there: /usr/local/ActiveTcl/ but in root so what will be the complete path ? sample am installing my eggie in the account myaccount, i type ./configure /usr/local/ActiveTcl/ that's right or not?
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

It's told you exactly what to do, I dont see why you are struggling.
type

Code: Select all

locate libtcl.so
also

locate tcl.h
make a note of where they are on your system. then do as it says.
./configure using the --with-tcllib='/path/to/libtcl.so' and --with-tclinc='/path/to/tcl.h' options.

./configure --with-tcllib='/path/to/libtcl.so' --with-tclinc='/path/to/tcl.h'
Make sense?
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
k
kali
Voice

new problem

Post by kali »

after work and read the Documents i got run ./configure and make config, but at the end of make, i got this: Test run of ./eggdrop -v:
./eggdrop: error while loading shared libraries: libtcl8.4.so: cannot open share
d object file: No such file or directory
make: *** [modules] Error 127
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

I suggest you recompile TCL on your system.