This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Socket errors ...

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
]
]Godlike[
Voice

Socket errors ...

Post by ]Godlike[ »

I use eggdrop to connect to ftp and display some info about it, but after a day or so he wont connect to it anymore, i get this on the partyline:

error writing "sock27" :broken pipe or
error writing "sock23" :broken pipe

or some other number ....

I also had a windrop, loaded with same scripts, and he never gave me this errors. I use eggdrop 1.6.17 without ssl.

Any info how i can fix this, besides .restart which isnt an option, because this happens like 2 or 3 times /day.

cya
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

sounds like you or the FTP have routing issues.
for the moment it will probably best to loop until a successfull connect. you could also build a manual for loop with non-blocking code and a global counter.

Code: Select all

for {set i 1} i<20 {incr i} {
  if { ![catch {
      FTP blabla
    }]} {
    break
  }
}
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
]
]Godlike[
Voice

Post by ]Godlike[ »

One more question, i made a script which connects to the ftp, but sometimes ftp isnt available, and then script jst tries to establish connection even for 2 minutes or longer and bot isnt usable for anything else during that time, could i make so it tries for 30s if he can connect if not he moves on, so he doesnt wait too long on the same position ?
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

This sounds like checking if warez ftp's are up to me. Go elsewhere for help on illegal activities. :evil:
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
]
]Godlike[
Voice

Post by ]Godlike[ »

No. It has nothing to do with illegal stuff ??

It `s public ftps, with free stuff (linux pubs) ....

Or why do you think this would be warez, have i said it`s warez ... Don`t make assumptions of me if you don`t know me !
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

I agree with ^DooM^. I dont see any legal reasons why anyone would need a irc frontend to make sure a list of ftp sites are online.
]
]Godlike[
Voice

Post by ]Godlike[ »

Linux comunity which is on irc, watches for new rpms online on public ftpds, which are also notified on irc .....

jeez
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

]Godlike[ wrote:One more question, i made a script which connects to the ftp, but sometimes ftp isnt available, and then script jst tries to establish connection even for 2 minutes or longer and bot isnt usable for anything else during that time, could i make so it tries for 30s if he can connect if not he moves on, so he doesnt wait too long on the same position ?
learn about non blocking socket connection. there are various examples in the forums.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...